Summer NAMM: Peavey Pro 2000™ Offers Versatile Operation, EQ & Power
AUSTIN, Texas — Peavey proudly introduces the new Pro 2000 bass amplifier, featuring 2,000 watts of power, extensive EQ options and switchable operation in Stereo, Mono, Bi-Amp and Full-Range/Sub modes.
The Pro 2000 amplifier head features dual preamps—one tube and one solid state—with a pre-gain blend control that can dial in a unique mix of distinct preamp tones. The amp's three-band EQ section, with parametric mid, enables incremental adjustments in the frequency range (from 200 Hz to 2 kHz) and "Q" (wide to narrow) in the vital mid frequency range, and also features shelving low and high EQ options.
The four-way mode switch selects Stereo, Mono, Bi-Amp and Full-Range/Sub modes. When the amp is switched to Stereo, Bi-Amp or Full-Range/Sub modes, the Pro 2000 puts out 1,000 watts into 2 ohms per side. In Mono mode, it automatically bridges the two amps to create a massive 2,000-watt amp that drives 4 ohms. In Bi-Amp mode, users can adjust the frequency distribution between two cabinets with the Balance control (left/low to right/high); the crossover frequency is adjustable from 100 Hz to 1 kHz.
The Pro 2000 is built around a lightweight, universal voltage switch-mode power supply that is compatible with worldwide mains voltages from 100 to 240 volts at either 50 or 60 Hz, drastically reducing weight while making the amplifier even more versatile. Additional features include DI, mute, input pad, master volume, thermally controlled two-speed fans and Peavey's exclusive DDT™ anti-clipping speaker protection.
The Peavey Pro Series 2000 bass amplifier will be available from authorized Peavey retailers in Q4 2007.
· Universal worldwide power supply 100/120/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz
· High boost
· Low cut
· Both solid state and tube preamps
· Preamp blend (mix) control
· Low and high shelving EQ
· Parametric mid EQ (200 Hz to 2 kHz)
· Mode switch: Stereo, Mono, Bi-Amp and Full-Range/Sub
· Variable electronic crossover
· Master volume
· 2 ohms/channel minimum load
· Footswitchable mute
· -10 dB input pad accommodates active and passive basses
· DI XLR output with fail-safe phantom power backup capability
· Post-EQ stereo effects loop
· Buffered tuner send jack
· DDT anti-clipping speaker protection with defeat switch
· Two Neutrik® Combo Speakonâ + ¼" connectors per channel in Parallel
· Neutrik Speakon connector for Mono (bridged) mode
· 2000 watts into 4 ohms (Mono mode)
· 1500 watts into 8 ohms (Mono mode)
· 25 lbs.
· Made in the U.S.A.