Summer NAMM: SP™ FH Folded-Horn Sub Boasts Booming Power
AUSTIN, Texas — Booming with a 3200-watt peak power output, the new SP FH folded-horn subwoofer from Peavey is engineered for the most demanding low-frequency sound-reinforcement applications.
The new SP FH utilizes an 18" Low Rider® Black Widow® loudspeaker with a 4" voice coil and Kevlar®-impregnated cone in a folded-horn design that produces an earth-rumbling low end. Ideal for use in nightclubs and large concert productions, this subwoofer registers a focused frequency response from 30 Hz to 300 Hz and 1600 watts of program power (3200 watts peak).
For three decades, the Peavey SP Series has provided astounding accuracy and clarity in sound reproduction and legendary reliability under heavy-use conditions, and the SP FH continues those traditions through innovative engineering.
The Peavey SP-FH will be available Q4 2007 from authorized Peavey retailers.
· 18" Low Rider® Black Widow® woofer
· Field-replaceable loudspeaker technology
· Compact folded-horn design
· Frequency response: 30 Hz to 300 Hz
· Sensitivity (1w/1m): 108 dB
· Peak power handling: 3200 watts
· Program power handling: 1600 watts
· Direct input jack with 1/4" jacks and four-pin Neutrik® Speakon™
· Built-in casters for easy transport
· Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
· High-quality carpet for durability
· Dimensions (HxWxD): 36" x 24" x 34"
· Weight: 150 lbs.