MuseBox takes advantage of virtual instrument and effects software for cutting-edge sounds and unprecedented flexibility. Portable, compact, and completely self-contained - just plug in, and play!
- Simple Sound-Finder based user interface lets you find that just right sound or effect FAST.
- Tweak and program instruments and effects by simply connecting a mouse, monitor and keyboard directly to the MuseBox. Or edit and program remotely by connecting the MuseBox to your computer and running the exclusive Muse Remote software.
- Two pro-grade mic/instrument inputs on the front panel allow you to connect your mic and guitar so you can handle any performance situation.
- MIDI jack and line inputs on the back let you compliment your existing keyboard sounds with exciting new software-based instruments.
Is it an effects processor? A sound module? A synthesizer? How about an amp modeler? A virtual piano? Or a killer e-drum kit? Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes!
The super portable, super flexible MuseBox Musical Instrument and Effects Box from Muse Research and Development uses virtual instruments and effects technology in a brand new way, so you can easily take them to your rehearsals, gigs, to the practice room, or to the studio. Using technology derived from its powerful big brother, the award-winning RECEPTOR Hardware Plug-in Player, this compact 2U half rack design is ultimately portable, incredibly versatile, and built for the road.
The key to MuseBox is its custom software environment that takes computer technology and turns it into a musical instrument that works in any musical situation for any kind of musician. Now you can harness the world's best sounding virtual instruments and most versatile, tone-laden effects and take them anywhere - and everywhere.
It's Anything You Want It To Be
MuseBox features incredibly flexible I/O, with front panel guitar and microphone inputs, MIDI, and USB. So you can play through it, sing through it, process your keyboards, play along to backing tracks, and of course, create lush keyboard sounds with your MIDI controller. Guitarists can use it to run amp modeling software such as ReValver™, multi-effects libraries and more. Singers can enhance their vocals with reverb, compression, de-essing and pitch correction in real time. Keyboardists can run virtual pianos and delicious sounding virtual instruments with super-low latency and superb stability.
Sounds Great Right Out Of The Box
MuseBox comes pre-loaded. Simply turn it on, press the PLAY button, select the sound of your choice and off you go into the superior sounding world of virtual instruments and effects. It's got all the "meat and potatoes" keyboards to cut any gig. Guitarists will dig Peavey's ReValver HP Guitar Amp Modeler for killer sounds. And of course there is an ample supply of essential effects, including Reverbs and Chorus.
Find Sounds Fast
MuseBox's SoundFinder preset architecture lets you quickly sort through thousands of presets to find the sound you are looking for... and it automatically adds new presets as you add additional virtual instruments and effects to the MuseBox.
Easy And Intuitive
You'll find MuseBox easy to use right from the get-go. Our front panel allows quick and intuitive access to whatever you have loaded in your MuseBox, so you can call up sounds, tweak parameters, edit effects chains, whatever you need.
- Intel Dual-Core Processor
- 2GB of DDR-2 RAM
- 8GB Flash IDE disc module
- 2 channels line level balanced inputs OR 2 channel mic/instrument inputs
- 2 channels line level unbalanced outputs
- Passive mix mode for connecting external CD or MP3 player, drum machine, etc.
- Front panel headphone output
- Full Size MIDI input
- Four USB ports
- VGA video output for viewing / editing software interface of plug-ins
- Phantom power
- Dedicated mic/instrument input volume control and 3 segment LED meters
- Ethernet port
- New, two channel "DUO HOST" VST plug-in host environment running on Linux
- SoundFinder preset structure for easy selection of presets, "Advanced mode" for using as a normal RECEPTOR
- A variety of essential high quality keyboard sounds are included
- Peavey ReValver HP guitar amplifier modeling software
- Assortment of effects, including Reverb and Chorus
- RECEPTOR Remote control for control from a computer
- MuseControl software interface for controlling individual plug-in GUIs
- MusePlayer - maker of the UVI engine that powers Spectrasonics and MOTU. over 4GB of premium sounds
- AAS Player - Muse Research Edition with custom "premium" presets, killer EPs and Wurly
- Alchemy - Muse Research Edition with custom "premium" presets, amazing PAD synths
- Free Alpha 3 - Virtual Analog lead synth
- U-he Triple Cheese - Karplus Strong algorithmic synth with some killer sounds
- RECEPTOR Remote control for control from a computer
- True Pianos Amber Lite Combo sampled / physically modelled piano, Muse Research Version
- Peavey ReValver HP Amazing professional amp modeller
- TrackPlug 4 MRD Edition, Professional quality reverb
- MasterVerb 4 MRD edition, Professional quality channel strip (comp/ex/limiter/EQ)
- MuVoice LE - vocal harmonizer, doubler, tripler, and more
- Camel Space - Time-based filter effects
- Camel Phatt3 - Time-based distortion / delay
- Camel Crusher - distortion and bit reduction effects
- Kjaerhaus Classic Chorus Classic Chorus effect
- Kjaerhaus Classic EQ Graphical EQ effect
- Kjaerhaus Classic Phaser Classic Phaser effect
- Kjaerhaus Classic Flanger Classic Flanger effect
- GLoop - MIDI controllable audio looper, up to 4 tracks
- Karlette tape delay - virtual tape-like echoplex delay
For MuseBox Hardware Support - Peavey Electronics
If you have questions concerning product hardware and warranty, contact a Peavey Customer Support Representative toll free at 877-732-8391, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by using our Forums.
For assistance/status of repairs for Peavey products and scheduling factory repair appointments, email email@example.com
For MuseBox Software Support and FAQ - Muse Research
If you have questions or issues concerning software or want to check out some frequently asked questions click here to access Muse Research support