The Butcher is a two-channel amplifier with five 12AX7 preamp tubes and four EL34 power amp tubes. Both the Clean and Crunch channels feature independent three-band EQ, plus master volume and preamp gain controls so guitarists can adjust the interplay between the preamp and power amp on each channel for an array of gain possibilities. Both channels include a separate, footswitchable gain boost, while the Crunch channel also has a 12-way Punch selector that adjusts the low-end attack of the amplifier -- a handy feature that helps match the head to various speaker enclosures.
The master section widens the range of possibilities with two footswitchable master volumes, so players can set one as a default and use the second as a solo boost; a patented Presence control that boosts the extreme high frequencies, giving the amp extra cut; and high and low gain inputs.
On the rear panel, the built-in Peavey MSDI microphone-simulated XLR direct interface eliminates the need for miking by allowing users to send the amp's signal directly to a recording device or mixing console. Additional controls include a line out with level control; active effects loop with send and return level control; impedance selector; half-power switch; and a tube bias adjustment jack.
- 4xEL34 100W power section & 5x12AX7 preamp tubes
- Clean and Crunch Channels
- Separate three band EQ on each channel
- Global presence control
- Two Master Volume controls for additional boost capabilities
- 12-way 'punch' control on channel 2 controls low end attack
- Pre-Gain boost switch on both channels
- Active effects loop with send and return level
- Impedance selector
- Half Power switch
- MIDI control capability
- Included footswitch controls channel, boosts, loop and master volume switching
- Built in MSDI microphone simulated direct XLR output
- Weight Unpacked: 54.25 lb(24.608 kg)
- Weight Packed: 58.20 lb(26.399 kg)
- Width Packed: 13.25"(33.655 cm)
- Height Packed: 14"(35.56 cm)
- Depth Packed: 28.75"(73.025 cm)