Winter NAMM: Peavey Unveils Ecoustic Session 300, the Ultimate Acoustic Performance Amp
ANAHEIM, Calif. (NAMM exhibit #5740, Hall B) — Peavey proudly announces the new Ecoustic Series of acoustic guitar amplifiers and the flagship Ecoustic Session 300, a powerful, feature-loaded sound system for acoustic instrument and vocal amplification.
The Ecoustic Session 300 is a bi-amplified, 300-watt, three-channel acoustic amplifier with digital effects, looper and a high-frequency ribbon driver with independent level control. Channels 1 and 2 both provide a wealth of features, including individual 9-band graphic EQ, Gain, Master Volume, Phase Reverse, Piezo Pre-Shape EQ, Tuner/Mute, and a Notch Filter with Peavey's patented FLS Feedback Locating System that allows users to quickly identify and eliminate problem frequencies.
Channels 1 and 2 have their own effects loops and direct outputs, as well as XLR-1/4' combo inputs with switchable 9V/48V phantom power that can power instruments with preamps and microphones. Channel 3 is designed for auxiliary instruments and devices, such as MP3 or CD players, samplers and more. The channel includes ¼' and RCA inputs, and gain and tone controls.
Channels 1 and 2 also have independent digital effects sections, including Reverb, Delay and Chorus with parameter adjustments. When users select the Parameter button, the control for each effect switches from a level control to a parameter adjustment tailored to the effect selected. Chorus includes rate adjustment; Delay has feedback and tap tempo controls; and Reverb has a decay control.
Three modes of operation reconfigure how channels 1 and 2 operate to allow users even greater versatility. Duet mode keeps the channels separate, so two instruments can be used individually; Link mode runs both channels at once, so the preamps of channels 1 and 2 can be used at the same time with one instrument; and Switch mode allows users to switch between the two channels with one instrument, so the secondary channel can be used as a boost, tone mod or effects change.
The master section features a special blend control that controls the mix of channels 1 and 2 in the master output. The overall system output is governed by a master volume control and a high frequency control, which adjust the volume of the two 8' full-range speakers and one high-frequency ribbon driver, respectively. An optional foot controller includes a 30-second looper, as well as channel switching, tap tempo, chorus, delay, tuner/mute, delay, phase inverter, reverb and eight programmable presets.
The Peavey Ecoustic Session 300 will be available from authorized Peavey retailers in Q2 2010.
- 300 watts of peak power
- Bi-amplified system with 2 x 8' full-range speakers and one high-frequency ribbon driver with independent level control
- Three independent channels
- Three operation modes: Duet, Link and Switch
- Separate nine-band graphic EQs on each channels 1 and 2
- Combo XLR and 1/4' inputs on channels 1 and 2 (9V/48V phantom power)
- Gain control with clip light on channels 1 and 2
- Master volume on channels 1 and 2
- Piezo pre-shape EQ switch on channels 1 and 2
- Channel 1-2 master blend control
- Notch Filter with FLS on each channels 1 and 2 for controlling feedback
- XLR and ¼' TRS direct outputs on channels 1 and 2
- Separate effects loops on channels 1 and 2
- RCA auxiliary input on channel 3
- Power amp in, preamp out for stereo operation with another amp
- Master line out
- Master volume
- Stand mountable
- On-board looper with foot controller
- Advanced WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) DSP technology
- Reverb, chorus and delay with independent effect parameter adjustment
- Footswitchable phase inverter for controlling feedback
- Footswitchable tuner/mute out
- Footswitchable tap tempo, looper, preset mode and channel
- Up to 8 effect presets with optional foot controller
- U.S. MSRP $749.99
Features, specifications and pricing are subject to change without notice.