AmpKit Apps Now Available for Download in iTunes App Store
PEAVEY INT'L. HEADQUARTERS Peavey Electronics and Agile Partners today announced that the AmpKit and AmpKit+ Apps are available now on the App Store. The apps are the ultimate iPhone amp and effects studios with extensive recording and re-amping capabilities. AmpKit and AmpKit+, together with AmpKit LiNK, a high fidelity electric guitar interface for iPad, iPhone and second- and third-generation iPod touch, provide guitar and bass players with a powerful and convenient way to jam with high quality tones anytime and anywhere.
The AmpKit Apps are available in two versions:
- AmpKitis a free app that includes the Peavey ValveKing amp with clean and very-high gain lead channels, two ValveKing cabinets (4x12 and 1x12), two pedals (Noise Gate, Elevenizer), two mics (Workhorse 57 dynamic mic, Germann 87 condenser mic), and a built-in Noise Feedback Filter.
- AmpKit+ is a paid app that includes three additional amps, four more cabinets and eight additional pedals, at less than half their individual prices. The additional amps include the Peavey 3120 amp with clean, rhythm, and ultra-high-gain lead channels and matching 4x12 cabinet, the Colonel Vintage amp paired with matching 4x10 and 1x12 cabinets, and the Vintage Brit amp with matching 2x12 cabinet. The additional pedals include 10-band EQ, distortion, fuzz, compressor, chorus, phaser, flanger, and reverb effects.
With both apps, AmpKit's convenient Gear Store enables simple In-App Purchasing of additional amps, pedals, and mics, up to a total of 12 amps with 20 distinct amp channels, 13 cabinets, 16 pedals, and 8 microphones.
AmpKit's amp, cabinet, and pedal simulations are modeled based on real-world equipment, and reviewers report that tone quality is the best available on the iOS platform. Because the AmpKit LiNK guitar interface includes special features to reduce feedback when listening through headphones, AmpKit can realistically simulate high-gain amps such as the Peavey ValveKing and 6505+.
AmpKit is the most extraordinary virtual studio of guitar sounds for your iPhone, said Paul Riario, Gear Editor, Guitar World Magazine. That alone may be enough for most guitarists, but combine it with the ability to record and save your sessions or just jam along with the bundled backing tracks and AmpKit is the ultimate guitar performance app.
AmpKit includes extensive recording capabilities, and creates both dry (guitar signal before effects are applied) and wet (guitar signal with effects applied) recordings. This enables another key AmpKit feature: re-amping, where you can take a recording and re-record it using a completely different amp and pedal setup. Once you've made a recording, you can upload it to your computer, email it to a friend, or post it directly to SoundCloud.
AmpKit has been highly optimized for the iOS platform. It operates on any iPhone, including the very first 2G model, as well as both second- and third-generation iPod touch devices. AmpKit can support a dozen or more simultaneous pedals, depending on configuration. Latency is extremely low. AmpKit likewise leverages key iOS 4 and iPhone 4 capabilities, with gear images optimized for the beautiful Retina Display and support for Fast App Switching.
AmpKit's user experience is just what you would expect from the makers of GuitarToolkit and TabToolkit: elegant, intuitive and responsive. AmpKit includes over 60 predefined amp/pedal setups, and users can create and save an unlimited number of their own setups. AmpKit includes the same high-precision tuner and metronome technology used in GuitarToolkit, and both are visible right from the setup screen, with no need to switch screens. AmpKit provides a friendly web interface for uploading backing tracks to play along with, uploading dry guitar audio for re-amping, and downloading recordings.
AmpKit LiNK is a high fidelity interface for plugging an electric guitar, bass or other instrument directly into the headphone jack of an iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. It is the ideal companion to AmpKit: because of special crosstalk reduction circuitry that is applied when using headphones, AmpKit LiNK makes it possible for AmpKit to reproduce the high-gain tone of amplifiers such as the Peavey 6505+ without excessive feedback. AmpKit LiNK specs:
- Connects to iPhone, iPod touch and iPad via 1/8-inch cable, automatically detected by iOS when plugged in
- 1/4-inch mono input jack for electric guitar, bass, and line level signal sources, preserves full signal fidelity
- 1/8-inch stereo output jack for connecting headphones, powered speaker, or PA system works with most recording, processing and tuning apps, including GuitarToolkit
- Compatible with all iPhone models, both second- and third-generation iPod touch devices and iPad
AmpKit LiNK offers the same feel and response as plugging into your favorite amplifier, observed Riario. The powered cross-talk reduction circuitry eliminates unwanted feedback, making AmpKit LiNK the ideal guitar interface to use with AmpKit.
We're delighted to be working with Peavey to provide AmpKit and AmpKit LiNK to musicians around the world. Peavey's world-class hardware design and manufacturing capabilities complement Agile Partners' unmatched expertise in creating guitar-focused apps for the iOS platform, said Jack Ivers, a principal at Agile Partners. Peavey's music industry experience and global dealer network will provide musicians around the world with easy access to the AmpKit LiNK guitar adapter.
The AmpKit and AmpKit+ Apps are available for free and $19.99, respectively from the App Store on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, or at iTuns App Store
AmpKit LiNK is available for $39.99 from Peavey retailers and distributors worldwide.
AmpKit is the latest guitar app from Agile Partners, the developers of the highly acclaimed GuitarToolkit and the 2010 Apple Design Award winner, TabToolkit. For more information, visit AmpKit.