Peavey Architectural Acoustics Debuts All-New Digitool Multiprocessors
Jan. 13, 2011, ANAHEIM, Calif. (NAMM exhibit #5740, Hall B)Architectural Acoustics by Peavey proudly debuts three new models of the venerable Peavey Architectural Acoustics Digitool multiprocessor series at Winter NAMM 2011.
The Digitool is now available in the following models: the MX16, featuring eight inputs and eight outputs; the MX32, featuring 16 inputs and 16 outputs; and the LIVE, featuring eight balanced XLR inputs and outputs for live-sound FOH applications. These all-new Digitool processors feature an updated, more powerful DSP engine, full-color LCD screen, enhanced front-panel navigation, individual input and output mutes, and five-segment LED arrays for input and output signal monitoring. In addition, there is a USB port on the front for programming and an Ethernet port on the back for either programming or connecting to a network. On the back panel, there are eight control voltage ports and two RS-485 ports, allowing for much more external control than the original Digitool MX. All three models include a global, 100-240V power supply.
We are very excited to debut these three new models of our Digitool Series audio processing and control systems, said Hartley Peavey, founder and CEO of Peavey Electronics. With enhancements in power, performance and ease of use, as well as easy integration into MediaMatrix projects, the new Digitools will continue to be the go-to multiprocessor solution for live sound and contractor applications.
Updated Digitool features include:
- Improved dynamic range
- Improved mic/line input circuitry
- Enhanced navigation for ease of use
- Full-color LCD display
- Individual front-panel mute for each input and output
- Five-segment LED meters for each input and output
- USB port for external programming and firmware updating
- Rear-panel Ethernet port for network, programming and control
- Eight control voltage ports
- AES input
- 3.81 mm Euro connectors (XLR for the Digitool Live)
- Upgraded and vastly more powerful DSP processing
- Enhanced security system
- New graphical user interface featuring MediaMatrix N-Ware