Peavey Session Guitar Wins Guitar Player Editors' Pick Award
The Peavey Session electric guitar has earned the coveted Editors Pick Award from Guitar Player magazine in a roundup-style review of more than 30 guitars under $500.
TheGuitar Player editorial staff declared the Peavey Session, a magnificent machine for shredders and rockers alike … almost like 'stealing' a high-end, high-price guitar for super-small bucks, in its December 2011 issue. The Session earned perfect scores for its workmanship and playability, and scored high marks for versatility, sound, vibe and value.
Crafted with a chambered basswood body, hard-rock maple neck and a genuine rosewood fretboard, the Peavey Session guitar is where traditional spirit meets modern design perfection. Peavey's special compound radius fretboard allows deep bending in the upper register, yet retains a vintage feel in the lower register, with a comfortable, ergonomically shaped neck profile. A sculpted, sturdy five-bolt joint anchors the satin-finished neck to an offset, double-cutaway body.
Somewhere at a point where superhero paint jobs, traditionally inspired design, and a heavy-rocking attitude meet, lives the new Peavey Session, wrote Dimitri Sideriadis in the December 2011 issue of Premier Guitarmagazine. The Session is a breathy and bright-sounding guitar that can easily cut through the mix in a variety of musical settings.
The Peavey Session is designed for the ultimate in tonal versatility. Two coil-tapped Peavey-designed humbucking pickups give players the choice between humbucking and single-coil tones at the bridge and neck positions, with the ability to tap one pickup at a time or both at once.
The Peavey Session is available now from authorized Peavey retailers. Please visit our Dealer Locator to find the dealer nearest you.
- 25.5 scale with 22 nickel silver frets
- Bolt-on hard-rock maple neck with sculpted five-bolt attachment
- Genuine rosewood fingerboard with special compound radius
- Graphite composite nut for clarity and sustain
- Chambered, resonant basswood body with integral center section
- 15:1 die-cast machine heads
- Nickel-plated, die-cast string-through-body bridge with stainless steel saddles
- Recessed volume tone controls with push/pull coil tap function
- Recessed, high-quality three-way pickup selector switch
- Dual action torsion rod
- Dual carbon fiber neck inserts for added reinforcement
- Two premium Peavey USA-designed Alnico pickups, coil tapped
- Available in metallic red, metallic blue, black, cherry burst and tobacco burst finishes
- U.S. MSRP $899.99 ($499.99 street)
Founded in 1965, Peavey is one of the worlds largest manufacturers of musical instruments and professional sound equipment. Peavey has earned more than 180 patents and distributes throughout the United States and to 136 other countries. Peavey and its MediaMatrix, Architectural Acoustics, Crest Audio, Composite Acoustics and Trace Elliot brands and affiliates can be found on concert stages and in more than 5,000 airports, stadiums, theme parks and other venues around the world. To find out more, visit peavey.com.