***Local Candidates Only***
Under general supervision, performs a variety of clerical duties in accordance with standard procedures to work directly with customers to assess and evaluate credit worthiness or aid in the collection of delinquent accounts. Maintains demographic records, prepares follow-up letters, verifies data, and resolves problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Nothing in this job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Administer and coordinate credit-related duties on behalf of the company.
- Analyze and evaluate data related credit information and credit risk to support organizational decision-making.
- Investigate history and credit worthiness of individuals or business establishments applying for credit.
- Review and process credit limit renewal requests for customers.
- Ensure that approved accounts remain in good standing.
- Establish terms for approved credit requests as outlined by established metrics and procedures.
- Authorize credit charges against customer’s accounts.
- Facilitate and provide support-processing and electronic solutions for credit transactions.
- Accurately establish and maintain customer account information in database.
- Administers delinquency controls for customer accounts through established collection activities by sending or responding to telephone, written or email inquiries to assist in solving questions related to the status of customer accounts; documents status of collection efforts.
- Collaborates with Sales Department on credit-related matters to resolve order release issues.
- Participates in cross-training exercises of other identified accounting duties to provide backup assistance in the event of an absence in the department.
- Ensures strict confidentiality of financial records.
- Abides by all company policies and procedures.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good business acumen.
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing accounting principles.
- Must be able to use a calculator and other office equipment (i.e, fax, copier).
- Must be able to reason and have clear judgement under pressure.
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal organization and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task each day.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to three years of Credit/Collections and Accounting experience and/or training.
COMMUNICATION /LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from shop floor workers, groups of managers, customers, and/or the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Strong working proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Proficient experience with financial ERP system; general working knowledge of SAP a plus
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Position Type: This is a full-time non-exempt position.
- Core Work Schedule: Core days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Non-core Work Schedule: Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Willingness to work flexible hours as needed.
- Travel Requirements: None
- Primary Work Location: Corporate office, 5022 Hartley Peavey Drive, Meridian, MS 39305
Peavey offers an excellent benefits package, competitive wages, and tremendous opportunities.
To be considered for this position you must submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements. All correspondence will be held in strict confidence. Send to:
Human Resources Department (ER 18-06)
Peavey Electronics Corporation
5022 Hartley Peavey Drive
Meridian, MS, 39305-5022
E-mail: [email protected]