INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Entry Level)
Under the direction of the Plant Engineering Manager, this position is responsible for assisting with diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the company’s goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Nothing in this job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Assists Plant Engineering staff with mechanic duties including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines and facility maintenance for all company locations.
- Perform minor building, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and painting repairs as directed.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make proper adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities as assigned.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Quality check equipment regularly to ensure everything is in working order.
- Perform peer-to-peer inspections on work performed by our other maintenance technicians.
- Coordinate efforts across maintenance staff to make all tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
- Follow inspection and repair schedules. Update as needed.
- Perform light landscaping and grounds keeping work as needed.
- Act as on-call handyman when needed.
- Respond quickly in the event of an emergency, notify appropriate personnel and follow safety protocols.
- Cross train on other positions in the department.
- Follow all Safety, Bio-Security and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with and follow all OSHA and PEC safety regulations and procedures
- Ensure that all care is provided with respect to customer, client and co-worker’s rights.
- Ensure a safe and clean work environment
- Maintain Confidentiality.
- Adhere to work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be self-motivated, team oriented with a passion to help when needed and willing to adhere to the Company’s quality standards.
- Must be detail oriented and possess the ability to organize and schedule Preventative Maintenance to align with production needs.
- Ability to manage time and responsibilities independently.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and (3) to five (5) years’ experience in Industrial Maintenance.
- Associates degree or two-year technical certificate or apprenticeship in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance preferred.
- Maintenance skills to include Electrical, Mechanical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic experience.
- PLC and HVAC experience a plus.
EQUIPMENT / TOOLS SKILLS:
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
COMMUNICATION /LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Ability to read, write and speak simple sentences in English to successfully accomplish the job.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Read blueprints and survey structures on grounds.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide with units of measure, using whole numbers, common functions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent demands: Standing, walking, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear.
- Occasional demands: Sit, climb or balance, stop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Vision requirements: Close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Lifting demands: Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently working near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, vibration and loud noise levels.
- Occasionally working in wet or humid conditions (non-weather related) or work in high precarious places. Areas of the plant are not climate controlled.
- Position Type: This is a full-time hourly position.
- Core Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Non-core Work Schedule: Willingness to work overtime hours as needed.
- Travel Requirements: None
- E-Verify: Peavey participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization of employees.
- Pre-employment Screens: Candidates must be able to pass a drug screen and background requirements.
Peavey offers an excellent benefits package, competitive wages, and tremendous opportunities.
To be considered for this position you must submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements. All correspondence will be held in strict confidence. Send to:
Human Resources Department (ER 17-001)
Peavey Electronics Corporation
5022 Hartley Peavey Drive
Meridian, MS, 39305-5022
E-mail: [email protected]