SERVICE REPAIR TECHNICIAN (LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY)
This position serves customers by diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing electronic audio devices while ensuring customer satisfaction and company requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Nothing in this job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Explain complex technical issues to customers in a non-technical, simple to understand manner.
- Provide repair and replacement estimates to customers.
- Instruct customers on the safe and proper use of equipment.
- Interact with customers in a friendly manner and maintain a positive work environment.
- Ensure that customers have an enjoyable experience by providing superior customer service and exceeding customer expectations.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair a wide range of electronic products such as mixers, amps, speakers, processors and like kind.
- Provide recommendations for problem resolution and repair estimates.
- Ability to determine warranty vs non-warranty repairs by inspecting incoming equipment and compare to written warranty information for in and out-of-warranty repair status and prioritize work accordingly. Identify instances of abuse, neglect, operator error or lack of operator understanding.
- Maintain high level of accuracy between inventory location and work bench.
- Disassemble equipment and repair or replace loose, worn, or defective components and wiring, using hand tools and soldering irons.
- Calibrate and test equipment, and locate circuit and component faults, using hand and power tools and measuring and testing instruments such as resistance meters and oscilloscopes.
- Tune or adjust equipment and instruments to obtain optimum visual or auditory reception, according to circuit specifications.
- Read and interpret electronic circuit diagrams, function block diagrams, signal flows, specifications, engineering drawings, and service manuals.
- Maintain records of work performed, parts used, test and maintenance reports
- Ensure that all repairs meet or exceed Peavey quality standards
- Follow all Safety, Bio-Security and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with and follow all OSHA and PEC safety regulations and procedures
- Ensure that all care is provided with respect to customer, client and co-worker’s rights.
- Ensure a safe and clean work environment.
- Strive to meet established quality standards.
- Maintain Confidentiality.
- Adhere to work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be self-motivated, team oriented with a passion to help when needed and willing to adhere to the quality standards of Peavey Electronics Corporation.
- Understand repair flow processes from incoming through to shipping and all areas affected in between.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Excellent technical, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years of related experience and/or training or Associates degree or certification in Electronics or Consumer Electronics.
- Excellent understanding and experience with signal flow.
- Proficient experience with thru-hole SMT capability.
- Knowledge of most common consumer electronics.
- Experience with reading schematics, researching part and product information.
- Two years’ experience in repair of consumer/military electronics preferred.
COMMUNICATION /LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Must be able to understand written work instructions, drawings and schematics.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide with units of measure, using whole numbers, common functions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Basic PC skills using Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word and Excel) required.
- Ability to navigate service software. Basic experience with an SAP platform a plus.
- Ability to navigate vendor websites through internet search engines.
EQUIPMENT / TOOLS SKILLS
- High Skills required:
- Read a ruler in inches, centimeters and millimeters.
- Proficient experience required for:
- Electronic testing & repair tools: Resistance meters, Oscilloscope, signal generator, multi meters, audio analyzers.
- Soldering systems, soldering irons and hot air SMT
- Hand Tools: Cutters, crimpers, drills, screwdrivers, nut drivers, hammer, various pliers, heat gun, caulk gun and hot melt gun. Carts dollies and hand trucks to move items in and out of the repair area.
- Pneumatic tools: Pneumatic drivers
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent demands: Sitting, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear.
- Occasional demands: Standing, walking, climb or balance, stop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste or smell
- Vision requirements: Close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Lifting or forced demands: Products range from 2 lbs and up to 80 lbs. Most fall under 25lbs. However, enclosures and some amplifier models would require assistance in lifting. Large enclosures would be repaired on the floor and not lifted onto any bench.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent demands: Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, and repair tools used to repair electronic equipment. The use of these items may result to being exposed to moderate noise levels that are produced by this equipment.
- Position Type: Full-time, hourly
- Core Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Non-core Work Schedule: Willingness to work overtime hours as needed.
- Travel Requirements: None
- Primary Work Location: 711 A Street, Meridian, MS 39301
Peavey offers an excellent benefits package, competitive wages, and tremendous opportunities.
To be considered for this position you must submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements. All correspondence will be held in strict confidence. Send to:
Human Resources Department (ER 17-001)
Peavey Electronics Corporation
5022 Hartley Peavey Drive
Meridian, MS, 39305-5022
E-mail: [email protected]