SR. HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
This position is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, development, execution and evaluation of the Human Resources function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
PAYROLL & HRIS
- Processes full cycle, bi-weekly payroll through third party software platform. Includes reconciliation and upload interface from a time and attendance program. Enter payroll adjustments, benefit changes, incentive payouts, withholdings, garnishments, child support etc.
- Prepare, reconcile and distribute payroll closing reports needed by Accounting or for benefit invoices, 401k contributions or other requested reports.
- Maintain pay period files in audit ready format for external or internal audits.
- Prepare and reconcile quarterly and annual required tax reports (i.e. W2, 1094C/1095C)
- Maintain the confidentiality of all matters related to payroll, employee compensation and benefits.
- Recommend cost effective methods to utilize payroll and HRIS software features in order streamline processes, improve accuracy and enhance end user experience.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
- Develops, implements, administers, and maintains, 401k plan, group health and welfare benefit programs, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures programs are of value to employee’s needs, comply with legal requirements (ACA, ERISA, DOL, etc), and are cost effective.
- Develops benefits communications and counsel employees on benefits related issues.
- Spearheads annual renewal and open enrollment process. This involves working with or sourcing brokers and vendors to accomplish competitive benefit plans; holding open enrollment meetings and updating elections in HRIS system and/or vendor portal.
- Reconciles and prepares benefit invoices for payment.
- Keep current regarding competitive HR practices, including compensation, benefits, and related issues.
- Evaluates existing benefits programs against available survey data to determine competitiveness, trends and developments.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Responsible for leading the onboarding process for all new hires to include: employee handbook overview, employment documents, and benefit enrollment.
- Acts as the initial point of contact for all employee related issues and maintains an open-door policy where employees at all levels can communicate work related concerns
- Manage employee relations including conflict resolution, conducting investigations, developing and ensuring adherence to employee policies and procedures.
- Manages Employee Handbook and is responsible for identifying and implementing new and/or improved personnel policies and procedures
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relation matters and supports managers in the development and review of performance improvement plans and corrective actions.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Manage the talent acquisition process for the Company. This includes working with hiring managers to develop and implement appropriate recruiting and selection strategies, advising on compensation guidelines, and maintenance of appropriate hiring controls (e.g. reference checks, interviewing skills).
- Maintain effective recruiting pipeline for sourcing qualified and diverse candidates that will be an asset to the organization’s growth.
SAFETY & SECURITY
- Ensures safety policies and procedures are followed by company personnel in compliance with local, state and federal OSHA rules and regulations.
- Works with operations team to develop risk mitigation plans, training and workplace safety audits and compliance.
- Investigates all safety or security incidents. Prepares a report of findings with recommendations for corrective action and communicates the results to management.
- Provides recommendations to prevent and/or resolve safety violations and incidents. Maintains OSHA logs, safety files and records.
- Follow all Safety, Bio-Security and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with and follow all OSHA and PEC safety regulations and procedures
- Ensure that all care is provided with respect to customer, client and co-worker’s rights.
- Ensure a safe and clean work environment
- Maintain Confidentiality.
- Adhere to work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Supervises security guards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be self-motivated, team oriented with a passion to help when needed and willing to adhere to the quality standards of Peavey Electronic Corporation.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, proactively addressing areas of focus, with a sense of urgency.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree required. Preferred field of study: Business Administration, Human Resources, Management or related field
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years benefit and HR operations experience (Corporate and Plant); previous generalist experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in electronics manufacturing environment preferred.
COMMUNICATION /LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills that can be understood by all levels within an organization.
- Strong communication and change management skills required, in addition to ability to build strong relationships both vertically and horizontally.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distributions, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and learning new software applications required.
- Subject Matter Expert experience with ADP Workforce, report writing & E-time required.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- SPHR, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SHRM-CP a plus but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires an individual to frequently sit, use hands to fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear and lift up to 10 pounds. Frequently required to walk. Occasionally required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision requirements of the position are the ability to see close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate Noise: This position is typically located in an office environment with computers, printers and light traffic.
- Moving mechanical Parts: The exposure to moving mechanical parts or non-office conditions would relate to any visits made to the plants.
- Position Type: This is a full-time position.
- Core Work Schedule: Core days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Non-core Work Schedule: Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Willingness to work flexible hours as needed.
- Travel Requirements: Up to 10% local travel possible.
- Primary Work Location: Corporate office
Peavey offers an excellent benefits package, competitive wages, and tremendous opportunities.
To be considered for this position you must submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements. All correspondence will be held in strict confidence. Send to:
Human Resources Department (ER 17-001)
Peavey Electronics Corporation
5022 Hartley Peavey Drive
Meridian, MS, 39305-5022
E-mail: [email protected]