PRODUCTION PLANNING MGR
The position is responsible for the day to day management and integrity of planning department, which includes the translation of the sales forecast into an attainable production plan consistent with specified company operational and financial goals, including the release for production orders to the floor based on sales orders, coordination of the outside processing to the respective vendors, the canalization of stock levels, work in process and anticipated business forecast and for the assignment of customer due dates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Nothing in this job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Ensure production requirements are analyzed and work assigned, based upon on capacity to achieve production schedule and departmental objectives.
- Utilize ERP system and manual systems for planning.
- Hands on Planning Manager responsible for the master schedule for the final processing department.
- Establish procedures for creating, tracking and reporting raw material requisitions across ERP platforms.
- Responsible for work in process and finished goods availability to meet excepted demand.
- Interfaces with Sales, Engineering, Operations, Warehouse, and Purchasing to coordinate the flow of procurement information to support production operations and new program development.
- Monitor new parts received and prioritize through system as required.
- Provides other departments with production completion forecasts monthly. Develops daily, weekly and monthly plans.
- Acts as an escalation point on internal and external customer communication, delivery, quality, and distribution related issues
- Advises and assists management in resolving problems concerning over shipments, shortages, engineering changes, and cancellation of orders.
- Expedite material as required to meet expected turnaround times and customers’ requirements.
- Reschedule systems as required to maintain continuity of workflow.
- Monitor assignment for consolidations and special instructions Provide the coaching, mentoring, motivation, training and discipline necessary for the continued development of department employees.
- Follow all Safety, Bio-Security and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with and follow all OSHA and PEC safety regulations and procedures
- Ensure that all care is provided with respect to customer, client and co-worker’s rights.
- Ensure a safe and clean work environment.
- Strive to meet established quality standards.
- Maintain Confidentiality.
- Adhere to work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- This position directly supervises a production supervisor, non-exempt planner & material handler
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be self-motivated, team oriented with a passion to help when needed and willing to adhere to the quality standards of Peavey Electronics Corporation.
- Retain and comprehend information in order to receive and follow instructions, read, interpret, compare and analyze data.
- Research information to solve problems, identify issues requiring further attention, make corrections and/or recommendations, and take preventive actions.
- Process facts and apply judgments.
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities, deadlines, demands and assignments while maintaining cohesive and harmonious working relationships.
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with others related to: learning, problem solving, conflict resolution, negotiation, backup support and fostering team support. Work approaches: Routinely interacts with employees within own department. Routinely interacts with others in the organization and public (contractors, vendors, etc.).
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Excellent technical, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Five (5) years of demand planning, forecasting and QDIP (Quality, Deliver, Inventory and Productivity) experience in manufacturing environment.
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques a plus.
- APICS certification a plus.
COMMUNICATION /LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business and technical information.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management peers and subordinates.
- Ability to do mathematical calculations (i.e. ratios, formulas).
- Problem analysis and problem resolution, required.
- Basic PC skills using Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word and Excel) required.
- Proficient experience of ERP planning systems required. SAP preferred and a big PLUS!
- Ability to navigate vendor websites through internet search engines.
EQUIPMENT / TOOLS SKILLS
- Preferred experience required for:
- Forklift experience a plus or willingness to be trained. Position will occasionally be required to use a forklift.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent demands: Sitting, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear.
- Occasional demands: Standing, walking, climb or balance, stop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste or smell
- Vision requirements: Close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Lifting or forced demands: Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent demands: Position is located in an office within a plant. The plant is not climate controlled, but the office does have climate control. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, etc. The use of these items may result to being exposed to moderate noise levels that are produced by this equipment. Individual will be exposed to forklift traffic in the area.
- Position Type: Full-time, exempt
- Core Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Non-core Work Schedule: Willingness to work overtime hours as needed.
- Travel Requirements: None
- Primary Work Location: 710 A Street, Meridian, MS 39301
Peavey offers an excellent benefits package, competitive wages, and tremendous opportunities.
To be considered for this position you must submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements. All correspondence will be held in strict confidence. Send to:
Human Resources Department (ER 17-001)
Peavey Electronics Corporation
5022 Hartley Peavey Drive
Meridian, MS, 39305-5022
E-mail: [email protected]