Winter NAMM: Peavey Expands HP Special Guitar Series With New Stoptail Models
ANAHEIM, Calif. - Due to high demand through the Peavey Custom Shop, Peavey has added a new fixed-bridge model to its award-winning HP Special Series guitar line. The new Peavey HP Special Stoptail electric guitar, originally offered as a custom upgrade, will now be available as a stock model in the company's expanding guitar line.
The Peavey HP Special Stoptail guitar is crafted in the USA with patented features such as the Peavey Dual Compression tailpiece, a unique string-through-body design that creates a seamless connection between the string, bridge and string ferrules, resulting in vibrant string presence and maximum tone and sustain. A pair of specially wound HP Special humbucking pickups are bolted directly to the body to achieve deep, rich tones, and connect to push-pull coil taps on the volume and tone controls that split the hum-canceling pickup coils to yield single-coil tones.
HP Special Stoptail guitars are available in CT (Carved Top) models with carved-maple tops and transparent finishes, and FT (Flat Top) models with flat basswood bodies and a selection of metallic and gloss solid-color finishes. All HP Special guitars are outfitted with a sculpted neck joint for unlimited access to the oil-finished, graphite-reinforced, asymmetrical hard-rock maple neck. Additional options such as Peavey's innovative online custom graphics web portal, where users can design custom guitars with their own JPEG images, are available through PeaveyCustomShop.com.
Guitar World magazine recognized the Peavey HP Special with its highest honor, the Platinum Award for Quality Design, in October 2006. Reviewer Eric Kirkland hailed the instrument as a true high-end guitar [with] one of the world's most advanced and playable asymmetrical guitar necks, custom-wound direct-mounted humbuckers … I can't give the HP Special CT a more enthusiastic endorsement.
I was so intrigued and excited by how the HP Special CT played and sounded that I 'tested' it for five hours straight, right out of the box, wrote Kirkland. At the heart of [this] guitar is the most comfortable neck I've ever played … you'd expect no less from the company that brought CNC technology to musical instruments.
Peavey revolutionized guitar making in the 1970s with its T-60, the first guitar made using CNC computer-controlled machinery, which bridged the vintage and modern eras in guitars. The online Peavey Custom Shop won Adobe Systems' Site of the Day Award and Best in Show at Summer NAMM 2007.
- 25 ½ scale with 22 frets
- Oil-finished, highly figured asymmetrical birdseye maple neck with graphite reinforcement
- Three-on-a-side headstock with enclosed die-cast Schaller machine heads
- Three-way pickup selector
- Offset basswood body with sculpted neck joint
- Bound, figured maple arch top on CT models
- Two custom-wound HP Special humbucking pickups with coil taps
- Multi-adjustable bridge with patented Peavey Dual Compression tailpiece
- Master volume and tone control
- Available with birdseye maple, ebony and rosewood fretboards
- Available in transparent amber, black, burgundy, cherryburst, moonburst and tobacco burst; solid metallic blue and red; and gloss black
- Made in the U.S.A.
- U.S. MSRP $1399.99 to $2499.99