Peavey DPM C8p Midi controller

A general discussion forum to talk about all things Peavey and everything musical.
pepsi moon

Peavey DPM C8p Midi controller

Post by pepsi moon » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi fellow Peavey users.. Im new to the forum so I hope this is the right spot to post this..:)

I just got my hands on a really nice Peavey DPM C8P Midi controller keyboard.. I want to get into this thing to change the battery/check for leakage,corroded traces etc.. I have the 4 main screws on the main controller deck out but when I go to lift the deck up to access the innerds it seems to go only about an inch or so up, like theres something "Catching" I can tell from looking at the back of the unit that the top is hinged.I dont see any other screws that need to come out... As with a lot of other DPM owners Im getting the dreaded error message ..I can hold 0 and copy, the turn on the unit to reinitialize it however I fear that the battery could very well be the problem. Any help in "getting into the innerds " would be greatly appreciated... thanks a bunch!! Pepsi Moon

pepsi moon

Re: Peavey DPM C8p Midi controller

Post by pepsi moon » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Well, I got into the unit and , as I suspected there was corrosion on the neg. side of the battery.
I checked the traces around the battery and all looks good there , so now Im trying to find a suitable replacement battery... Thanks again, Pepsi Moon

Party Chief

Post by Party Chief » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Hey Pepsi Moon, welcome to the forum. A phone call to Peavey customer service might be the quickest way to locate a battery. Hope you get it running ASAP.
In dog beers, I've only had one...

pepsi moon

Post by pepsi moon » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:16 pm

Thanks for the reply Party Chief..I ordered the battery and installed it,but unfortunately when I put the unit back together and powered it up ,I get a message on the LCD : System Error Memory Failure
Now theres a IC socket right next to the battery that shows bad light green corrosion on the pins facing the keybed. Im thinking about desoldering the socket itself and installing the IC directly onto the board. I sent Peavey Parts an email to see if I could possibly get another replacement Motherboard for this unit. So far I havent gotten a response..ugh..Hope this thing doesnt end up being a doorstop. :cry:

pepsi moon

Post by pepsi moon » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:11 pm

Good News!! After carefully desoldering the socket from the motherboard, I soldered the IC directly to the board ,installed it,powered on and voila'!!! Works beautifully!!!! :D :D :D

Party Chief

Post by Party Chief » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:32 pm

Good deal, glad you got it running.
In dog beers, I've only had one...

quito

Post by quito » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:21 pm

Hello, im having a problem with my DMP C8, and im new at the forum so im not sure where should i ask for advice in this forum. Im in real need for help here and anything would be helpful. :!: :!:

Here´s my problem: Ive been using this keyboard for a few year now (i use it just for studying or teaching Piano lessons in my house, connecting ti thru MIDI to my Lexicon Lambda using Logic X.. All of the sudden, when i play the notes F G A B C (it would be the central F in the F clef, on the piano of course) it plays a lot of sounds at the same time (like noise, as if a lot of notes are being played at the same time, just noise).. Ive tried a lot of things, changed the MIDI cable, reset the keyboard pressing 0+ENTER, checking the Logics Drivers for it (tho it doesn't really need drivers to use with Logic). I really don't know what to do, and as you can see its really hard to "use it" like this..

If it is not the right place to post this, im so sorry please tell me where! :?:

Thanks in advance!!

quito/Argentina

:mrgreen: