Looking for a DPM C8

A general discussion forum to talk about all things Peavey and everything musical.
studiodtk5

Looking for a DPM C8

Post by studiodtk5 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:27 pm

I am looking to find a DPM C8. Not to be picky, but I would like any color other than black. My favorite would be red.

PM me if you have one you want to get rid of.

Thanks.
Darren
ITOC: 08-00190

Peavey stuff I have: Masterpiece 50, Custom Shop 212, Stereo Chorus 212, T-60, T-40, Signature Select, Odyssey II Prototype, Generation Custom EXP, Firenza P90-ACM, VB-2, Stomp Boxes, Radial Pro 1000, lots of mics, etc...

petrim

Re: Looking for a DPM C8

Post by petrim » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:03 pm

I have a DPM C8 that I'm interested in parting with. It is red. Still interested after all this time?

studiodtk5

Post by studiodtk5 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:50 pm

I did get a DPM 488 a few months ago. Is your keyboard listed on eBay?
Darren

Peavey stuff I have: Masterpiece 50, Custom Shop 212, Stereo Chorus 212, T-60, T-40, Signature Select, Odyssey II Prototype, Generation Custom EXP, Firenza P90-ACM, VB-2, Stomp Boxes, Radial Pro 1000, lots of mics, etc...

petrim

Post by petrim » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:59 am

No, I haven't listed it on eBay.

... oh, yeah, I see that someone has posted a red one on eBay since I looked last weekend.

I'm surprised there's so few mentions of these keyboards anywhere online - but I guess Peavey didn't sell many of them. Even the store I bought it from years ago thought I was wrong when I said I had a Peavey keyboard. I bought it (new) for home use. BTW, I was very surprised at the color when it arrived. I thought it was going to be more like a rosewood, not a bright red.

I had the internal battery replaced and the circuit board repaired (from the old leaking battery) about two years ago. Otherwise, the thing is in like-new condition.

Anywho, I was thinking of getting rid of this since I rarely use it, but it doesn't look as if there is much interest in these things.

studiodtk5

Post by studiodtk5 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:49 pm

These are super cool keyboards, but they are big.

What were you looking to get for the keyboard?

Where are you located? Shipping can be expensive.
Darren

petrim

Post by petrim » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:28 am

I'm located near Atlantic City, NJ. I realize shipping would be a problem. Aside from being heavy, it's very difficult to handle due to the shape of it. I guess Peavey didn't think people would try to carry it around much.

I really have no idea what I'd like for it. I'd mainly like to replace it for something full-size that weighs less - that I could more easily store out-of-the-way. That could be a swap for something in equally good shape.

Based on the lack if interest on eBay, even with fairly low prices, it seems as though it's not really worth messing with - especially if shipping is involved. I could be crushed under it trying to ship it!

quito

Post by quito » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:09 pm

Hello, im having a problem with my DMP C8, and im new at the forum so im not sure where should i ask for advice in this forum. Im in real need for help here and anything would be helpful. :!: :!:

Here´s my problem: Ive been using this keyboard for a few year now (i use it just for studying or teaching Piano lessons in my house, connecting ti thru MIDI to my Lexicon Lambda using Logic X.. All of the sudden, when i play the notes F G A B C (it would be the central F in the F clef, on the piano of course) it plays a lot of sounds at the same time (like noise, as is a lot of notes are being played at the same time, just noise).. Ive tried a lot of things, changed the MIDI cable, reset the keyboard pressing 0+ENTER, checking the Logics Drivers for it (tho it doesn't really need drivers to use with Logic). I really don't know what to do, and as you can see its really hard to "use it" like this..

If it is not the right place to post this, im so sorry please tell me where! :?:

Thanks in advance!!

quito/Argentina

:mrgreen: