Headphones

A general discussion forum to talk about all things Peavey and everything musical.
Dad Roadie

Headphones

Post by Dad Roadie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:14 pm

Hi to all,
This is a question for the audio guys . Can anyone advise if a standard audio amp (not PA) with a single headphone out put could power 3 headphones at the same time?
I have an older stereo amp that is in good working order that I was planning on building a small box with 3 stereo out jacks that I could hook into the output headphone jack of the amp. Would this work or would it blow the amp. I could also use the line out jacks if this would work better. Any recommendations would really be helpful. I need to have 3 headphones to be able to hear from my Tascam mixer output.
Thanks in Advance!
Dad Roadie

studiodtk5

Re: Headphones

Post by studiodtk5 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:18 pm

I would recommend getting a Peavey headphone amplifier. I don't think your idea will work well for that application.

If you watch eBay you can pickup an amp and distribution box for around $20 each.
Darren
ITOC: 08-00190

Peavey stuff I have: Masterpiece 50, Custom Shop 212, Stereo Chorus 212, T-60, T-40, Signature Select, Odyssey II Prototype, Generation Custom EXP, Firenza P90-ACM, VB-2, Stomp Boxes, Radial Pro 1000, lots of mics, etc...