Finally! My own Peavey Amp!

A general discussion forum to talk about all things Peavey and everything musical.
nomeX

Finally! My own Peavey Amp!

Post by nomeX » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:43 pm

Long story-
Tl;DR: long history with Peavey, bass player's first PV amp ends up being a Classic 50 410.

I found a great deal on GC for a Classic 50 410. It should be here Wednesday. Today I just won an auction for a 115e. I'm primarily a Bass player, but started with guitars as a 6 year-old in the early 80's. I have a warm spot for Peavey because my Dad used to go to H&H Music in Houston at least once a month and we go play with guitars and he managed to bring home a powered PA system. I may have been an XR-400. We had that until just a few years ago.

I stopped playing music up until November 2011. For some reason I decided to get Rocksmith for the PS3 and borrowed my Dad's Les Paul. I found that I could still pkay by ear and could figure out most songs. A couole weeks later I visited my parent's pkace when I found a Jazz Bass my Dad bought. I still had a Harmony bass from 1993 but never had a bass amp. For some reason, I just felt like asking my Dad for the Jazz bass and he not only let me take it, but we went to GC for a GK MB115 for Black Friday.

I ended up jamming and started a band with a drinking buddy and a FedEx guy who was also a drummer.

Peavey' s have always been a part of my music experience. I have two fretless Foundations, one with VFLs and one with SFs. I need to rewire the SF bass, since the previous owner mucked it up and the bridge PU does not sound. I also got a Patriot bass with HC. I'm still looking for a T40 and A T60. I still would like to get a tube Peavey Bass Amp someday as well. It's funny that my first Peavey amp is a guitar amp.

Thanks for your time.

Anyone got the wiring diagram for the SF foundation basses?

dino_j

Re: Finally! My own Peavey Amp!

Post by dino_j » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:34 pm

Welcome to the forum! Hope you got the C50 already and like it!

Regarding the schematic, give Peavey customer support a call at 877-732-8391. There are archived manuals available online, but I'm sure they can hook you up with the schematics that you need.
"I'm too old to give up, but too young to rest" - Pete Townshend

https://www.youtube.com/user/ctp1daj/

Peavey AmpKit Link
Peavey Classic 30