Crossover

A general discussion forum to talk about all things Peavey and everything musical.
Inesperado

Crossover

Post by Inesperado » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:55 pm

How can I get schematics to the crossover board. I have a SP-5X Peavey Speaker that burned up a cap (PS1) to be exact. I want to know what size cap so I can replace it. Also would like to know the fuse rating. The P/N: 70501507 is printed on the board.

Dookie

Re: Crossover

Post by Dookie » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:24 am

Could you look at the other speaker you have and see the value on it or do you just have the one?
Doug

Enzo

Re: Crossover

Post by Enzo » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:38 am

You can get any Peavey schematic from customer service at the factory.

PS1 is not a cap, it is a "poly-switch", which is like an electronic circuit breaker. It looks like a small ceramic cap, but it isn't one.

You can get the part from Peavey parts, or get the part type from the schematic and source them from Mouser or Digikey.

I looked, it is type RXE040

If that blew up, also make sure the bulb is OK and resistor R3. And since it is a tweeter protector, check the condition of the tweeter diaphragm.

The thing in the clips is not a fuse, it is a light bulb. It is a type "SK-3 with end caps". You can find those in automotive parts stores SOMETIMES, and can order them from places online, but the simple thing again is to just order them from Peavey directly.

The polyswitch normally bypasses the bulb and resistor. If too much current flows through your tweeter, then the polyswitch opens and the bulb helps protect. Since your polyswitch and apparently also your bulb are blown, we are doubly suspect of the tweeter itself being blown.