Peavey DPM C8-p

A general discussion forum to talk about all things Peavey and everything musical.
mmalizola

Peavey DPM C8-p

Post by mmalizola » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:19 am

I purchased one of these in 1997, and it still has one of the best weighted actions.

It had been working fine (changed out the sometimes-problematic internal battery), and I decided to turn it into a unique instrument by completely repainting the outer shell. Came out great, but when I went to put it back together, (re-installing all the PCB's and cables), it's dead in the water.

I'm suspecting I have some of the cables backwards or misaligned, but haven't been able to find the culprit yet.

I checked with Peavey Tech Support....they have schematics for the boards, but apparently there never existed a normal "service manual" which (I hope) would show the proper interconnections of the insides of this machine.

If anybody out there knows of a service center or an independent tech who has worked on these prior, please let me know!

Despite it's age, this seems to be a sought-after machine. Only one on ebay that I saw, and they say it doesn't work.

Mike M

Enzo

Re: Peavey DPM C8-p

Post by Enzo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:26 am

I have worked on them, as have many Peavey techs around the country. Unfortunately, I would have zero recollection where any particular cables went. The schematic should cover that if you read it carefully.

mmalizola

Post by mmalizola » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:29 am

Thanks, Enzo. Interestingly, I spoke with the long-time Service Manager at Peavey, and he didn't recall there ever being any documentation other than the schematics (which I did find online).

Since there's a possibility I have one of more bad components on any number of circuit boards (or maybe just one), I'm interested if anyone out there has one in mothballs they'd like to sell, operational or not.

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:10 pm

Did you talk to the service department at Peavey? They may still work on those. In the past I have found them to do good work and charge reasonably.