Great Deals With These Forum Members

A general discussion forum to talk about all things Peavey and everything musical.
JamesPaul

Great Deals With These Forum Members

Post by JamesPaul » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:36 pm

Our host has been kind enough to let forum members post regarding Peavey gear they are looking to buy or sell. I have connected with a few forum members thanks to such posts.

I completely understand that Peavey can accept no responsibility or liability for such transactions. However, if Peavey will permit it I want to start a topic where forum members can post if they have had a positive experience dealing with another forum member.

I have had excellent dealings with several forum members. These were smooth transactions with the Peavey gear being exactly or even better than advertised. In mostly chronological order those memebers are:

Nibbles
roosterpoot
twang_banger
Washburn Tabu
manfromplanetx
guitarhack

I will have to review my archived PMs, but there are likely a couple others I have missed. Feel free to PM me if you need additional details as some of these forum members went the extra mile to ensure we could meet up.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

twang_banger

Re: Great Deals With These Forum Members

Post by twang_banger » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:06 am

up.jpg
up.jpg (1.68 KiB) Viewed 3393 times
I always offer to the Peavey family first :wink:

t_b :D

DooDaDave

Re: Great Deals With These Forum Members

Post by DooDaDave » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:45 pm

It's been a very, very long time since I've connected to my online Peavey family, so a big hello to old and new friends alike.

It's time to thin the herd and I'd like to offer members here two made in USA Predators. Those who know, know that these were among the best and lowest cost Strat copies ever made. Both of these are 3 single coil pickup models with the 5 way switch.

One is about as pristine as you can get in black with the maple neck, white pick guard and pickups. Everything works perfectly and as it should on this one and I even have a whammy bar and gig bag for it. It has the bold, all caps, italicized PEAVEY on the head stock with PREDATOR in smaller italicized caps under it. A small part of the Y in PEAVEY is missing. I'd rate this as a 9 plus.

The other one is somewhat less pristine, cream with white pick guard and pickups. The maple neck on this one is unbelievably pretty and plays as well as anything out there. The body has a scrape on the lower edge that does not go through to bare wood and a few minor dings, scratches and nicks you have to search for. The pick guard has a slight bow/bulge on the bass side which is great for holding some extra picks. I'm not sure if this has original pickups or not, but this baby can scream and shred. The switch and pots are quite scratchy and sometimes the sound cuts out as you turn the knobs, but I'm sure anyone who is somewhat handy can take the pick guard off and clean up the pots and contacts. This has Predator in large script on the head stock and a small original Peavey logo with the big pointed P on the very end of the head stock. I'd rate this one 7- 8 depending on what it takes to eliminate the static. I can include a gig bag for this one if necessary.

I'd be happy to sell both together as a package or individually. Let me know if anyone here is interested and I'll send photos.