Sp2 "P" powered speakers

A general discussion forum to talk about all things Peavey and everything musical.
Dookie

Sp2 "P" powered speakers

Post by Dookie » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:27 am

I see Peavey has released a SP2P. A self powered version of the SP2. The sp4 and some subs as well. So...... When did this happen? No big fan fair. No major release post. Nothing as far as what I've heard out there. I waited for 10 years for this and just a few weeks ago bought something else. Way to go. You can't sell something if you don't tell people you have it to sell...

https://peavey.com/products/index.cfm/item/665/118999

18hands

Re: Sp2 "P" powered speakers

Post by 18hands » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:08 am

I'm just discovering all kinds of great products from peavey That I've never heard of. Versarray, kosmos, pv14AT, rbn112, pvm50.
“Accessibility allows us to tap into everyone’s potential.” ― Debra Ruh

Josjor

Post by Josjor » Tue May 28, 2019 6:24 am

Peavey's pro audio department appears to be mostly dead. Way behind the curve on powered cabinets, nothing really new in mixers except their iPad mixer which they're way behind the curve with. Nothing really new in power amps for almost a decade.

Go to the pro audio portion of this forum and 95% of the posts concern people trying to resurrect old Peavey products and 0 buzz about any of their newer products.

And that powered SP line? Just because it's announced doesn't mean it's available. I can't find any in stock anywhere and I bet you won't find any for several months or maybe more than a year. Who knows?
www.yandasmusic.com
Don't believe me. I'm just guessing.
Neutiquam Erro

Dookie

Post by Dookie » Fri May 31, 2019 7:25 pm

Josjor wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:24 am
Peavey's pro audio department appears to be mostly dead. Way behind the curve on powered cabinets, nothing really new in mixers except their iPad mixer which they're way behind the curve with. Nothing really new in power amps for almost a decade.

Go to the pro audio portion of this forum and 95% of the posts concern people trying to resurrect old Peavey products and 0 buzz about any of their newer products.

And that powered SP line? Just because it's announced doesn't mean it's available. I can't find any in stock anywhere and I bet you won't find any for several months or maybe more than a year. Who knows?

I know. Its kind of sad really. I've been purchasing Peavey from 1988. Sp1's, Sp2A,Sp2ti,Sp2Xt,sp2g, Sp1G, Sp4's. Subs from FH1's, 118 Internationals, RBS 2's, DTH 218B's, Large Mains0QW1's, amps from CS400's cs800x's, 1.3K's, M-2600's, GPS3500's, Analog crossovers, 3-CEX5's digital crossovers, eq's, Effects processors, Multi Band parmetric eq's, and rack eq's. Monitors from unpowered to PV 15pm's. Microphones,cables,snakes, Mixers - XR500c, XR1200c,Xr1600c,a little 8 channel unity mixer. I'm sure there is many more I've missed. Of course the guitar and bass amps. Now its like Peavy is gone. I talked to the few I knew there more than 15 years ago and talked about the need for powered speakers. How they really needed a Powered SP2 and others in the Sp Line to be powered. They told me there was no market for powered speakers. Now that is the major speaker types being sold. For a long time all Peavey offered were plastic or underpowered speaker lines below the SP series. They sort of fumbled the ball. Now I'm unsure if its too late or not. Their subs don't go that low or that loud. The Sp "passive" line is over priced and the powered line doesn't compare well with other "comparably priced" products. What they really need is a high output, low cost powered Sp2. The one out now just doesn't compare. I don't know who is in R and D but they aren't on the ball. I would hate to see Peavey go the way of Carvin but I am, after more than 30 years of using their products, sad to see where they are now. Doug.

colliedogboy1

Post by colliedogboy1 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:05 pm

I agree with you guys. I kind of get the feeling that Peavey is counting on the rest of the world to buy the products that Peavey has been selling to us here in the U.S. in the past. They have been left behind in developing new innovative products, so now they just sell what they have to the Russians, Chinese, Europeans, etc. I miss Peavey being in the lead. :(