Looking for Peavey xxl head or combo

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
raven45227

Looking for Peavey xxl head or combo

Post by raven45227 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:05 pm

Hello all, i live in cincinnati ohio, i am looking for one of these amps. If you have one at a decent price text me at 513-919-6525 or email me at [email protected]. jim

tele twister

Re: Looking for Peavey xxl head or combo

Post by tele twister » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:26 pm

raven45227

Post by raven45227 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:46 pm

Thx...

moshpit817

Post by moshpit817 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:27 pm

Combo XXL on Guitar Centers website now under used gear,Peavey amps..I just saw it on there....I also saw a Triple XXX 120 watt head on there and grabbed it for me at an awesome price ! So Happy I finally going to get one of those Monster Amps!

moshpit817

Post by moshpit817 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:29 pm

raven45227 wrote:Hello all, i live in cincinnati ohio, i am looking for one of these amps. If you have one at a decent price text me at 513-919-6525 or email me at [email protected]. jim
Hey I just saw the XXL combo used on Guitar Centers website under used gear,Peavey amps.if I can remember correctly it was a nice price..

TimmyV

Post by TimmyV » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:50 pm

Here's mine I'm 90 miles from Cinci but I can't sell it's almost a work of art.https://youtu.be/hO5liYdScHE

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:04 pm

raven45227 wrote:Hello all, i live in cincinnati ohio, i am looking for one of these amps. If you have one at a decent price text me at 513-919-6525 or email me at [email protected]. jim
He's a bit of a flake. Just saying from someone who tried to sell him a XXL head.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

raven45227

Post by raven45227 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:45 am

James, i personally dont know you, or when you tried to sell me a xxl head. So im a flake because i wouldnt meet you in a parking lot, give you the money and take a amp that could be burnt. If your the same guy. Real class .

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:11 pm

raven45227 wrote:James, i personally dont know you, or when you tried to sell me a xxl head. So im a flake because i wouldnt meet you in a parking lot, give you the money and take a amp that could be burnt. If your the same guy. Real class .
First, let me publicly apologize for choosing the word "flake", as "extremely indecisive buyer" is much more accurate.

I still have all 27 text messages we exchanged, on my phone, so I'm confident I know the entire story.

You declined a public meeting location (which is typically how these Craigslist type transactions go down for safety reasons) and then I offered to bring the XXL head to your house so you could play it before you purchased it, but you still refused to give me a time and address. It was only then that I opted to alert forum members you are an extremely indecisive buyer. [brief side note, e-merlin I apologize for the earlier run on sentence...but you know I think of English as a second language.]

Rather than add anything else negative and have this thread locked, let's turn it into a positive with some ideas on how you can complete a future purchase.

You could ask if there is anyone on this forum who could provide a reference on your seller.

Actually tell your seller, yes I'm willing to pay your asking price if the the gear works. Then you won't appear to be someone looking for champagne on a beer budget.

If you are that worried about the functionality of the gear you are buying, but don't want anyone bringing it to your house where you can play it, perhaps reach out to your local Guitar Center, Buddy Rogers, etc. music store rep. Ask them if you can have someone meet you at the store to look at and play test some used gear. If you are a good customer they will probably let you play it there.

I'll open it up to others who may have suggestions and end my comments with hoping you find a seller that you can buy from who is selling a XXL head or combo.

Peace and great tone,
JP
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

raven45227

Post by raven45227 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:16 pm

First off james, i accept your apology for calling me a flake, but before you judge me as indecisive buyer, i also have all the texts also. I was very honest with you, and when i said i wasnt going to meet you in a public place, hand you the money, and go about our day, your reply was should i say a little rude. James im sure you are good man, but i know nothing about you whatsoever. I have a very demanding job, whose hours change at the drop of a hat. I meant no disrespect to you, and had every intention of buying your amp. Have a good day, and thanks for the apology, i also apologize to you for anything that disappointed you also. Good day sir... jim

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:31 pm

No disrespect intended on my part either, Jim.

All my best,
JP
James Paul's Peaveys

tele twister

Post by tele twister » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:15 pm

Parking lot meet ups are the norm here in the Chicago area, for craiglist sales.
It's for safety.
I've recently had quite a bunch of them in the last few months, selling off all kinds of gear, and every one has been a pleasant experience.
You get to meet a lot a good folks.