Which Peavey Amp do you have

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
psp742

Re: Which Peavey Amp do you have

Post by psp742 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:10 pm

I own Peavey Envoy 110 USA silver stripe 40-watt, Envoy 110 USA teal stripe 35-watts, and Ecoustic E208 acoustic amp China 30-watts (the effects cause loud humming, which is apparently a design flaw, best solution is not to use the built in effects and use pedals instead.
Peavey AT200 Autotune guitar
Peavey Envoy 110 Silver stripe (12"speaker mod)
Peavey Envoy 110 Teal stripe
Peavey Ecoustic E208 acoustic amp
Peavey Bass Enclosure 1820 (18" black widow + two 10" scorpion)
Peavey PV6 and PV8 mixer
:mrgreen:

thewisemaster

Post by thewisemaster » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:53 pm

Hello All,

I have Peavey Deuce VT series with Black Widows & and Peavey Express 112

I love the tone of the Deuce - it's ace!

Thanks
NSWM

saxmankana

Post by saxmankana » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:47 pm

Hi all,

as the name suggests, I'm a gigging sax player that has taken up the guitar after a long absence. Practicing everyday for the last 2 years learning Jazz Voicings & Standards. So the guitar player I was gigging w in his horn band last night, had a Bandit 65 sitting in his garage w no reverb unit. So he gave it to me. Buddy White is using a Classic 30 that he sounds wonderful on.

So I'm hoping to find another reverb unit here. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave :mrgreen:

The Guitar

Post by The Guitar » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:49 pm

2 Rockmaster pre-amps; 1 modded, 1 stock. Then added LEDs to a 2 switch Bandit pedal.

peavish

Post by peavish » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:09 pm

Peavey Bravo 112 and a JSX Mini Colossal. I like small tube amps.

ScottMarlowe

Post by ScottMarlowe » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:12 pm

Updated list:

Classic 50 2x12
Classic 50 4x10
Classic 30
Duel 212
Red Stripe Bandit
Red Stripe Envoy
Red Stripe Rage

jamminfool

Post by jamminfool » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:29 pm

My collection has dwindled in recent years, but I like what I have! My big "stadium crusher" rig is a Windsor head mated to an early 70s Sunn 412 straightface cabinet...I got the Windsor in a trade for an ancient Guild Thunderstar 112 combo that I absolutely hated, the Sunn cab (which still has three of its original Sunn Transducer 60 watt 16 ohm speakers, and one reconed 40 watter) came with the original Concert Lead 150 watt head back in the mid 80s when I bought it from my best friend. These two beasts mated together produce a HUGE crushing rock and roll tone blast, and it's loud enough to cause deafness at 100 yards!

Moving on, my multi-purpose rig is my 1984 Austin 400 combo, 220 watts of pure Peavey grunt pushing 2 12" Scorpions (original speakers in perfect condition, gotta love it) and a split horn to handle the super highs on the "acoustic" side of this double duty one of a kind hybrid personal PA type rig. It has one of the deepest reverbs known to man, and each channel has a four band parametric EQ, with which the electric channel can attain sounds amazingly like the lead tone from early 80s Scorpions recordings...f'ing brilliant! It is, without a doubt, the LOUDEST amp I've ever experienced, and will kill any full stack out there at half volume...I kid you not, it's seriously brutal.

I also have the refridgerator sized 1980s double ported 215 cabinet loaded with two 15 inch Black Widows, as well as a PA-400 six channel power head that I used to use as a bass rig...I'd love to get a proper old school Peavey bass head to complete the rig, so I'm always looking for a good deal on something old! *nudge nudge wink wink*

GaryMadore

Post by GaryMadore » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:57 pm

Ecoustic E20

Vypyr 30 (head/cab/cab mod)

Vypyr Tube 120 (Stock. For now (grin))

... and some stuff from those other guys we don't talk about here.

aacx22

Post by aacx22 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:43 pm

I love my Classic 30. I like the e208 also and expect to work the hell out of it. :)

GaryMadore

Post by GaryMadore » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:55 pm

aacx22 wrote:I like the e208 also and expect to work the hell out of it. :)
I have ecoustic envy ;)

G

thunda

Post by thunda » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:38 am

Windsor
Ultra 212
Red Stripe Bandit
When Gibsons are outlawed, only outlaws will have Gibsons

Si Gibsons proscriptae soli proscript habebit Gibsons

sagebrother

Post by sagebrother » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:33 pm

I have a Heritage VTX, and a Triumph 60
My Gear:
PV Triumph 60
PV Bandit 65
Fender Deluxe Reverb Tone Master
Behringer V-Amp Pro
GFS PartsCaster Tele
87 MIJ Squire Strat
2003 Epi Les Paul Custom
2000 Ltd Ed Epi Les Paul Deluxe
Xaviere XV900 335
Xaviere Acoustic/electric

Stites

Post by Stites » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:22 pm

I have a '97 Ultra 112, currently running a WGS ET90 speaker. Soon to be modded, and one of these days converted to a head and 2x12 cab for the WGS and either he factory Sheffield 1230 or an Eminence Legend V12.
Three things about hillbillies - they talk funny, and they can't count!

Ibanez S520EX in green shadow

Peavey Ultra 112 combo, Sovtek LPS preamp tubes, Sovtek WXT+ output tubes, and a brand new WGS ET90 speaker. Oh yeah.

Appalachik

Post by Appalachik » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:03 am

I have a Bravo and a Special 130.

Both of these are replacements having previously bought a Special 130 in 1986 and a Bravo a couple of years later.

I also bought one of the first Delta Blues 115s to appear in the UK, sold it and before long regretted that I'd done so. I ended up buying another Delta Blues 115 from the later series which I changed some preamp valves to tame the gain a bit. It certainly helped, but yet again some financial emergency forced my hand and it was sold.

I have other amps but the tones I got from the Bravo and the Special 130 back in the day are what helped me develop my style and so I wouldn't be without them again. And then there's the reliability... In over 30 years, I've yet to be let down on a gig by any of my Peaveys (nor have I ever had one break down).

I'm a luthier by trade and have my own guitar shop... I could realistically have any amp I fancy nowadays and do own some fine vintage gear, but my Peaveys get the most use because they really are THAT good.

Jenna

Mr.Sneaky

Post by Mr.Sneaky » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:22 pm

Hello All. New member here! I grew tired of reading all of the negative comments regarding the Peavey Valveking 100 on numerous other forums and decided to wade into friendlier waters. I have a hard time understanding where all of the hate comes from? Every player that has heard mine (bone stock mid `90`s head) "can't believe" that's what I'm using and the majority of them end up stomping away pissed off and mumbling obscenities under there breath why they go go home to figure out what is "wrong" with their dual recs. etc. I have to laugh a little. Picked mine up from a keyboard player that was using it at church. I play everything from blues, 70`s classic rock to Metallica, Pantera, Machine Head etc. No rack effects whatsoever. Just a crybaby and a cheap little Fish `n` Chips EQ sometimes coupled with a $15 Fab delay and $20 Milk shake chorus pedal. I don't even use the fx loop because of the high end the buffer adds on mine. Still can't understand why this is not a more popular amp? I picked mine up used for $200 and have never been happier.I actually sold my Mesa after I pulled the VK100 out of storage (12 years tucked away) and kicked myself for forgetting I had it. Admittedly when I first purchased it, it was not my favorite but I have no real expanation why. It sounds great at all volumes from whisper (haha 100W whisper...all relative)to weather changing gig volume. Did I get some kind of fluke magic head? Funny thing is, I got all pumped up earlier watching a bunch of reviews for the MXR EVH 5150 pedal and was ready to pull the trigger for one. Then I went back to my jam room and turned on the VK100 through my Marshal 2-12 cab and realized I already had those tones and more. Another win! Is anyone else as happy with theirs as I am with mine. No trick tube swaps or mods etc. All stock. I do use tbe low input and spend a majority of the time in the "unusable" higher gain channel without utilizing the fx loop for anything. Maybe that's the "secret formula "? Sorry for tbe long rant but I just had to find out if others were having/had similar experiences?

,Scott