Rage 158 versions?

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
TheUkuleleDude

Re: Rage 158 versions?

Post by TheUkuleleDude » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:50 pm

I just picked up a used Red Stripe to use with my ukulele. It works well, just need to learn the optimal settings. So I'm looking for some help:

1. The black coating is looking kind of dingy. What's a good think to use to clean it up? Armor all? Furniture polish? Lemon oil? I want to detail it and clean it up, but need to know what I can use without causing any damage.

2. CD input. Could this be used for a microphone? Would it mess things up if I used a splitter on the input jack and used a mic and the uke on the same input?

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:21 pm

I just use WIndex and a rag. I hate Armor All, because it leaves everything greasy - at least to me. ANy vinyl cleaner. The stuff is made to be tough.

No, a mic will not work in the CD jacks.

A Y cord for a mic and an instrument? Might work very crudely, but not likely well.

Do this. Set the amp up so it sounds good with your uke. The tone you like best, and a volume that works for you. Now DO NOT TOUCH the controls, unplug the uke, and plug your mic into it. SIng. How does that sound at the uke settings? You are trying to mix the two, so might as well see how they compare.

If you can get results you like, fine, but in general, this is not how one goes about it.

Pappy B

Post by Pappy B » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:29 am

The small Peavey amps are still pretty easy to find and sometimes pretty cheap. Get a second one then you will be able to dial in settings that work best for each instrument.
The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know.