Delta Blues 115: Channel & Effects Switcher Pedal?

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
kenackr

Delta Blues 115: Channel & Effects Switcher Pedal?

Post by kenackr » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:42 pm

Yesterday I purchased a new Delta Blues 115 which is on the way to me now. When I ordered it, I forgot to order the channel & effects switcher pedal with it. I called the selling store this morning and asked if one pedal will plug into the two ¼" jacks on the back that are labeled for that use or if I need to use 2 pedals of the same type. The salesman (who is a guitar player) didn't know so I asked him to call Peavey to find out. The salesman had to leave his number and wait for a call back from PV. Four hours later, still I'm still waiting.

Reading the downloadable manual for the Delta Blues on PV's site showed that both jacks specify the same model pedal, but did not speak to whether the 2 click switches on the pedal box will do the job (one for each function). The picture on the PV site of the pedal box looks like there is only one cable with one male jack on it. This makes the whole thing very confusing with no word back from PV yet. Further, the pedal box identified in the manual by number is different from the number identified on the cut sheet for the amp.

Does anyone out there know whether it takes 2 pedals or 1 ?

PVplayer

Re: Delta Blues 115: Channel & Effects Switcher Pedal?

Post by PVplayer » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:56 pm

I will be 2 pedals. Plugged into the "footswitch jack" the 2 button switch controls channel switching and the other turns the reverb on and off. I never tried the same switch in the tremolo jack.

rogue_one

Post by rogue_one » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:16 pm

Email Peavey customer service directly. They are pretty good about responding.

kenackr

Post by kenackr » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:19 pm

PV PLAYER,

Thanks for your response ! You are correct and I called PV directly before I picked up your answer.
Here's what PV told me in case it ever comes up again:

There are 2 female ¼" jacks on the back of the amp on the Delta Blues. They are both dual function jacks, so 4 functions all together.
One jack is labeled "Reverb/Tremelo" where you can turn on or off both functions.
The second jack is labeled "Channel/boost" where you switch from either channel to the other. The other function, "boost" is an over all increase in system gain for which ever channel you are using or a decrease in gain if you hit the same switch again.

So if you want to control all four functions, you need 2 switch boxes, one for each jack.

These switch boxes aren't very expensive but it would have been nice to have a single four button switch box to minimize clutter & drift.

kenackr

Post by kenackr » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:26 pm

rogue_one,

As you'll see in a little bit, I actually called PV and talked to them about it. As soon as it's cleared by a moderator, you be able to get the full scoop. Thanks for the response, it's good to know they are good at responding !

PVplayer

Post by PVplayer » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:20 am

My only gripe about the DB is that when you use the tremolo the volume goes way down. Not an issue if you play an entire song with it on but your volume wont be the same if you switch it during a song.

Aodobson

Post by Aodobson » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:05 pm

I have one Jack on the back of my DB, and it used to control both trem and channel switch, tech replaced channel switch on top of the amp but the footswitxh still doesn't switch it. He can't figure it out. I also have one other Jack next to it for ext. Speaker.
Any ideas?

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:33 am

Try a different amp tech. Foot switch control circuits are not complex and should be simple enough to troubleshoot.

ScottMarlowe

Post by ScottMarlowe » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:11 pm

kenackr wrote:
Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:19 pm

These switch boxes aren't very expensive but it would have been nice to have a single four button switch box to minimize clutter & drift.
You could always buy a four button switch for a Stereo Chorus and set it up to use 2 1/4" plugs. I bought one to rewire to make a switch for my Peavey Duel since they don't make new switches for those anymore.