6505mh general help..

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
Nickausterberry1987

6505mh general help..

Post by Nickausterberry1987 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:53 pm

HI
I recently purchased a 6505mh as I have only recently started playing guitar again as it kinda took a back seat to working being a husband and a father..so any knowledge I had has now being replaced with the lines from every episode of peppa pig :lol:
Anyway I am looking to get a really good crisp metalcore sound good for stop start riffs and heavy breakdowns (killswitch,parkway drive style).I will be playing it through a 4x12 vintage 1960s Marshall cab..I also own a boss metal zone, digitec distortion factory and a behringer eq700 pedals..
So any input would be greatrly appreciated
Thanks Nick

RiffsNReviews

Re: 6505mh general help..

Post by RiffsNReviews » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:46 pm

You will be needing yourself a tube screamer/tube screamer style pedal (costs anywhere from 30$ to 150$), for the style you want to play it's a necessity. What you do is put it in front of your amp (you wont be needing your distortion pedals), turn the level on pedal to max, gain on pedal to minimum, tone to your liking, then go from there, set your gain and EQ on your amp to your liking.
You shouldn't be really needing the EQ700 in the long run, that being said you can try the following while waiting to get yourself a tube screamer : Don't plug in your distortion pedals, plus the EQ pedal in the front of the amp, on the EQ bring down a smidgen of 100 and 200 (maybe some 400 as well), add a wee bit of 800 and 1.6 and then add some 3.2 and 6.4 until it sounds pleasing to you, and also importantly add some level, probably somewhere between line 1 and 2 above 0 on the graduation, then set your amp gain and play around with EQ, it's the closest thing you will have to a "clean boost" at the moment

RiffsNReviews

Re: 6505mh general help..

Post by RiffsNReviews » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:18 pm

Just saw that the digitech has a TS-9 emulation, so try that by itself in front of the amp aswell (emulation number 1), level maxed - gain mini, and start with the high low and mid at 12 o clock