reknown how to set it up

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
mafoster60

reknown how to set it up

Post by mafoster60 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:56 pm

I just picked up a reknown amp for 70 bucks, and it seems to work great the seperation between the two channels confuses me, i know you can combine them but this is forign to me , i used a trans tube supreme head only the channels were clearly seperated! My usual set up is clean channel with a distortion pedal and Cry baby wah wah, does anyone know the best way to dial this amp in for that i dont need to use all amp functions, the pre and post gains seem to regulate volume , hell i dont know!! The manual is way to tech for me, can someone help my dumb brain figure this screamer out? man these scorpions wail![

Telecastoff

Re: reknown how to set it up

Post by Telecastoff » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:08 am

Hopefully, the original foot switch was included when you bought the amp. This particular footswitch will allow you to select either channel separately or combine them both together. Without the foot switch, both channels will be engaged at the same time. At least, that's how it is with my Renown 400. In that case, you will have to choose which channel you want to use, while leaving the volume off on the one you're not using.
As far as setting the EQ controls on that amp, it will really vary....depending on what kind of guitar you have, pickups, your style of playing and your choice(s) of music to play. A lot of variables there. Just experiment with the EQ settings and find what you like. I play an old Telecaster with Texas Specials, and very clean old Country, so my EQ settings are going to be quite different than a lot of players. Just take your time in getting the tone(s) you want and like. They're all in that amp. That amp is a great instrument. If you don't already have the foot switch for this amp, get one. I hope this helped a little bit.

mafoster60

Post by mafoster60 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:56 am

thank you for the info and no it didnt have the foot switch,i will be on the hunt for one, . Ever since i bought my 1 st. Ibanez i have been hooked and my friend loved the boss metal zone mt so i got one to play along side, then i tried a metal core which is alot grunge.ier, not my thing so i havnt found a distortion peddle i like, i need one with sustain, i like to play hard rock not metal not thrash or detuned or 7 string, i like country but just cant get it, now they play guitar with a dirty distorted leads on some songs and i do like the way it blendes in, that is the sound i want, distorted yet rythmic harmonious and just blending beautifull, i play slow harmonic leads so i need sustain, no speed picking or sweep picking, my style i guess is soloing in the background as the song carries on then volume up as the solo part comes then diminishing back into the back ground!

mafoster60

Post by mafoster60 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:14 pm

Know where i cn buy the footswitch? spent all day on line trying to find one!