Low Output Issue VK II 50

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
shadowmaster

Low Output Issue VK II 50

Post by shadowmaster » Sat May 27, 2017 10:26 am

I bought a new Peavey Valveking II 50 about two months ago.

I left a pedal plugged in the effects loop for quite sometime. The pedal switch is true bypass so I thought it's not an issue to just leave it there and just turn it off whenever I don't want to use it.

A few days ago, I unplugged the pedal from the amp effects loop since I'll be using the patch cable elsewhere.

The next day, I turned the amp on and played it for a little while. Everything is fine so far and then decided to plug the pedal back in the effects loop. While plugging the patch cable in the effects loop send input, I heard a loud pop. I thought it's just normal since the sound is similar to a guitar cable being plugged into an amp that was on, only a tad louder.

So now here's what happened.

-The output of the amp suddenly became very low.
-Turning the volume up or the power switch up does not sound to the expected levels.
-The clean channel sounds weak and when turned up, produces a distorted sound
-Sound is coming out of the amp even when the lead channel volume is 0.
-Plugged my guitar in the effects loop return input to bypass preamp but the sound I'm getting is weak, hissing and crackling noise instead of a very high output level.
-TSI LEDs lights green indicated that the power tubes are good. The filament in the power tubes seems to be lighting fine.

I tried plugging my cable in and out of the effects loop jacks but this did not change anything. I checked the tubes and they seem to be perfectly plugged in to their sockets. Nothing loose.

Any idea guys what happened and are there any other quick solutions that I could try?

Thanks.

Enzo

Re: Low Output Issue VK II 50

Post by Enzo » Sat May 27, 2017 11:06 am

It is new, it is under warranty, don't even mess with it, take it in for warranty service.

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster » Sat May 27, 2017 1:00 pm

Enzo wrote:It is new, it is under warranty, don't even mess with it, take it in for warranty service.
I was just looking for any non-invasive solution so to speak as tinkering the insides would void the warranty.

But yeah, I am sending it back for warranty service.

Thanks.

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Sat May 27, 2017 8:03 pm

Are there any authorized Peavey repair shops in your area? They are all over. It isn't necessary to ship the amp back where it was bought, though you certainly can do that.

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster » Sun May 28, 2017 3:51 am

It's more convenient for me to send it back to the shop where I bought it from as they will arrange and pay for everything.

I would just have to pack it back in the same way I received it and wait for the courier to collect the amp at home.