Teal Stripe Envoy

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
db22

Teal Stripe Envoy

Post by db22 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:48 pm

The local shop just advertised a Teal Stripe Envoy today on their website. I ran down with a guitar to try it out, and loved it right away. Exterior is clean, everything works, and some previous owner had installed a Jensen Mod 10" speaker. Got it for $50 -- felt like a good deal. The back panel says "Made in USA", and 35 watts. Can someone tell me approximately when it was made?

I have a 10" 8 ohm Eminence Ragin' Cajun speaker that I'm not getting much use from -- think that might sound good in this little amp? I'm looking forward to hitting the local jams. I think it will be just loud enough to keep its head above water, and it's a lot lighter than my Eminence-equipped Bandit 112.
"I may be goin' to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoyin' the ride . . ."

TimmyV

Re: Teal Stripe Envoy

Post by TimmyV » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:23 pm

I think they were made in the late 80s early 90s. I just pickup a teal stripe studio pro 112 recently and it's my new rehearsal amp. It holds its own with a drummer and keeps up with the other guitar players Bad Cat. I just leave it at the rehearsal house and if it gets stolen I'm not out much money. I really like the sound of it though.

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:38 am

How would your other speaker sound in it? It is only a few screws to find out, then you tell us.

thunda

Post by thunda » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:10 pm

I have a ragin cajun in a pignose g40v and I like it. I also tried the mod 50 and though it sounded good I like the eminence better. It is also a bit louder than the Jensen too.
When Gibsons are outlawed, only outlaws will have Gibsons

Si Gibsons proscriptae soli proscript habebit Gibsons

db22

Post by db22 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:18 pm

Played the little Envoy at a bar here in La Crosse last night. It did easily hold its own with the drums, two other guitars both running bigger amps, and bass. The previous owner's Jensen MOD speaker sounds good at high levels; I'll hold off swapping out the speaker for now. The rear panel looks permanently glued in; I guess you have to remove the grille and change out the speaker from the front? Is the grille velcro'd in place? Moot question for now. Gigs this weekend with a four-piece brass section; will have to haul out the Bandit, now equipped with an Eminence Texas Heat. Heavy sucker, on casters now, but it will allow me to be heard.
"I may be goin' to hell in a bucket, but at least I'm enjoyin' the ride . . ."