Classic 30 -- New Faceplate ?

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
newbeatz

Classic 30 -- New Faceplate ?

Post by newbeatz » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:27 am

Hi all.

I am from South Africa.
I own a Classic 30 112 combo, but the faceplate has become severly tarnished and coroded over the years.

Before I embark on an expected lengthy process of ordering a new faceplate through our local Peavey agents,
could any of you confirm whether Peavey USA in fact do supply new faceplates for their amps ?

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks....

Enzo

Re: Classic 30 -- New Faceplate ?

Post by Enzo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:29 am

Look closely. Is there a face plate, or is the printing directly on the chassis? I have not seen one lately, but I recall them has being printed on the chassis. WHich would mean you would need a whole new chassis, and move all the parts over to it.

newbeatz

Post by newbeatz » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi Enzo

You are quite right. I seem to have got my terminology incorrect !

It is the whole "Chassis" that I am planning to replace, and not the "Faceplate" as some call it.

I just hope it will not cost an arm and a leg. Will see what transpires in the near future.

Thanks for your input :-)

newbeatz

Post by newbeatz » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi Enzo

You are quite right. I seem to have got my terminology incorrect !

It is the whole "Chassis" that I am planning to replace, and not the "Faceplate" as some call it.

I just hope it will not cost an arm and a leg. Will see what transpires in the near future.

Thanks for your input :-)

pabcrane17

Post by pabcrane17 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:17 pm

Hiya

I hope I understand the problem here, if not ignore the following!

Is the problem only difficulty in reading the pot names and cosmetic? Or has the corrosion been eating through enough to make you worry?

If it's cosmetic why not try some tape or Dump labels with the appropriate names and values stuck into the chassis, you can also use a metal treatment sealer to slow down the corrosion.

I don't know if the aesthetic is important to you but if you just want to keep using a functional amp without the hassle of dismantling the thing than this might be an option.

Cheers, Paul