Infamous 6505+ 112 Combo squealing with high gain

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
Pappy B

Re: Infamous 6505+ 112 Combo squealing with high gain

Post by Pappy B » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:12 am

I have a Chinese made Grundig Classic solid state radio that that was sold at an outlet store as "New, works but not perfect". The problem was the hot glue that was used inside it must have been hot enough to loosen some solder joints on several wires on pot and board. Everytime I touched those places the radio it went crazy. Some of the glue pealed off some was a pain to get off.

In your picture it looks like you only need to clean the lead and the small area on the board that Enzo pointed out and put a jumper in to test it.
The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know.

Creamymemedude

Post by Creamymemedude » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:43 am

Hey guys, another little update here. It appears that whoever replaced the caps last time made a little mistake when they decided to go crazy with the glue. It looked like they applied the glue before putting in c11, and tried to compensate by placing the cap on top the glue and then soldering it to the open end of R101. As I tried removing the glue, I ended up breaking one of the arms on the capacitor. So, I went and ordered a couple more caps. For now my baby is in limbo, hopefully this will fix the issue. Thanks again for the help guys

ScottMarlowe

Post by ScottMarlowe » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:54 am

Best of luck man!