Peavey Classic 30 II Footswitch

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
red_sg

Peavey Classic 30 II Footswitch

Post by red_sg » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:08 pm

Hi, I'm new on this board and recently bought a Peavey 112 Classic 30.

I ordered a 2 Buttons Peavey footswitch online (03022920). It has 2 leds and says to be compatible with 6505, Valveking and Windsor amps. I figured it would be an easy modification to make it work with my Classic for the Boost/Channel switching, but I can't make it work.

Any idea on how to modify it? All it is is a 2 wires cable with a sleave and 2 button switches (mines are the buttons with 3 legs). I should be able to make it work with proper wiring.

Thanks!

Max

thunda

Re: Peavey Classic 30 II Footswitch

Post by thunda » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:25 pm

the switches should work but the LED's won't light as they are supposed to receive their power from the amp and the Classic 30 does not do this. You could probably wire a battery into the switch...would be simpler to just use a standard 2 button footswitch without LED's. There are aftermarket footswitches with battery powered LED's but they are expensive, like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Peavey-Classic- ... 2548.l4275
When Gibsons are outlawed, only outlaws will have Gibsons

Si Gibsons proscriptae soli proscript habebit Gibsons

red_sg

Re: Peavey Classic 30 II Footswitch

Post by red_sg » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:28 pm

thunda wrote:the switches should work but the LED's won't light as they are supposed to receive their power from the amp and the Classic 30 does not do this. You could probably wire a battery into the switch...would be simpler to just use a standard 2 button footswitch without LED's. There are aftermarket footswitches with battery powered LED's but they are expensive, like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Peavey-Classic- ... 2548.l4275
Hey thunda ! Thanks for your answer.

The switching doesn't work at all. Could it be that the LEDs need to be bypassed?

I guess I'll give it a try, I have nothing to loose. At least I will have a footswitsh that's working, and eventually I can modifiy it with a battery.