My used Classic 30 has a jensen speaker, is it stock?

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
gbloomers

My used classic 30 came with Jensen spear, is this stock?

Post by gbloomers » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:37 pm

In the title really, just researching this used Classic 30 i picked up. Has a jensen special designed speaker that doesn't say a model or anything but it is green. The amps from 2005. Was wondering if anyone knows if thats the stock speaker for the time or an upgrade? cheers!

gbloomers

My used Classic 30 has a jensen speaker, is it stock?

Post by gbloomers » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:38 pm

In the title really, just researching this used Classic 30 i picked up. Has a jensen special designed speaker that doesn't say a model or anything but it is green. The amps from 2005. Was wondering if anyone knows if thats the stock speaker for the time or an upgrade? cheers!

vypyrtrails

Re: My used Classic 30 has a jensen speaker, is it stock?

Post by vypyrtrails » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:19 pm

I could not tell you, yet if you contact Peavey Customer Service they will be happy to help.

I have had nothing but Great Success when I contact them. They have the best customer service for their products.

[email protected]

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:32 pm

Doubtful. Eminence was Peavey's go to speaker company. But as already noted, Peavey Customer Service will be happy to help.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

ScottMarlowe

Re: My used classic 30 came with Jensen spear, is this stock?

Post by ScottMarlowe » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:08 am

Sounds like an upgrade but I'm no expert. Most came with a "Blue Marvel" in them which are kind of dull to my ear anyway.

Enzo

Re: My used classic 30 came with Jensen spear, is this stock?

Post by Enzo » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:15 am

It is something someone stuck in there.

BPSUL

Post by BPSUL » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:08 pm

Not stock and not an upgrade. The stock jensen speakers that get stuck in the run of the mill fender amps are pretty crappy. The legit blue marvels (the 12 inchers and maybe 10 inchers) made by eminence are pretty good speakers.

Pappy B

Post by Pappy B » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:56 pm

Since you don't have the original speaker to compare the Jensen speaker to you don't know if it's an upgrade to your ears or just a replacement speaker. Play it awhile. If it was installed just before you bought it it may may not be broke in. If it came out of something else (most likely) it's probably as good as it's going to get. You may like it, maybe not.
The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know.

ScottMarlowe

Post by ScottMarlowe » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:08 pm

BPSUL wrote:Not stock and not an upgrade. The stock jensen speakers that get stuck in the run of the mill fender amps are pretty crappy. The legit blue marvels (the 12 inchers and maybe 10 inchers) made by eminence are pretty good speakers.
I like the 10" ones that came in my C50 4x10, but the 12" ones that came in my older C50 212 were just dull as dirt. The old ones with the square black magnets etc. But I didn't put low end speakers in it either, but $90 or so a piece Jensen Jet ELs.

BPSUL

Post by BPSUL » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:19 pm

ScottMarlowe wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:08 pm
BPSUL wrote:Not stock and not an upgrade. The stock jensen speakers that get stuck in the run of the mill fender amps are pretty crappy. The legit blue marvels (the 12 inchers and maybe 10 inchers) made by eminence are pretty good speakers.
I like the 10" ones that came in my C50 4x10, but the 12" ones that came in my older C50 212 were just dull as dirt. The old ones with the square black magnets etc. But I didn't put low end speakers in it either, but $90 or so a piece Jensen Jet ELs.

But those square magnet speakers weren't branded "blue marvel" correct? Totally different speaker.

Im the kind of guy who always changes speakers. but I'll give credit where it's due. The blue marvels, once broken in, sound good.