Help finding and old amp

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
Jonahj

Help finding and old amp

Post by Jonahj » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:56 pm

When I graduated high school a family friend gave me a peavey amp as a present. It was an older one, all tube, one 12 in speaker. Two inputs. Had clean, lead, crunch foot switch. Silver or gold stripes cant remember. I for the life of me I can not remember the model name. If i remember correctly it was from the 80s. Sadly in college I was hard up for money and pawned it for cash always meaning to go back for it, never did. I have the feeling I'd know what model it was if I saw a pic of it but have yet to do so. Apparently I never took a pic of it either :roll: now im on the hunt because I wanna get one again. Any help would be awesome.

Enzo

Re: Help finding and old amp

Post by Enzo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:14 pm

Classics are from that era, but they are tube output only, not ALL tube. And the 1980s are before the Classic 30, Classic 50 etc era.

Encore 65
Triumph

Those are what comes to mind for all tube amps of the era.

TimmyV

Post by TimmyV » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:40 pm

I'll bet it was a triumph Enzo. I believe they had gold stripes and a gold badge.

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:51 pm

I think you are right, the Encore was before the clean/lead/crunch format came along.

Jonahj

Post by Jonahj » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:59 am

Triump Enzo it is!!! Thanks guys! Now to just find one.

TimmyV

Post by TimmyV » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:49 am

They came out with a teal stripe version of that amp that had some more features. There're probably some videos on YouTube of it I'm sure.

ScottMarlowe

Post by ScottMarlowe » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:33 pm

Aren't the Ultra series kind of the follow-ons to those?

MDRockman62

Post by MDRockman62 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:06 pm

Jonahj wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:59 am
Triump Enzo it is!!! Thanks guys! Now to just find one.
Hi, Jonah. I am a fan of the Triumph 60's, I picked one up partially functional for around $150, took it to my tech and now it's one of my favorites.

I have bought a few extras :roll: and might be convinced to sell one for a reasonable price, only issue would be shipping, I am located in Maryland.

If you're interested let me know, I can send you some pics and whatnot. I'm at work now and they're all at home.

They don't seem to come up super-often used, I guess I just got lucky.

Carl (aka MDRockman62)

eternalpurple

Post by eternalpurple » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:34 am

Great amps. Very underrated but people are catching on to these all tube Peavey's. I have four 60's and one 120. I fired up the 120 for grins the other night in the garage and with the volume almost off it was still very load. That one has a black widow in it. Speaker I mean......if it was a real one she would have given up the ghost when I first strummed the guitar with the volume set on 3.

fretwizard67

Post by fretwizard67 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:06 am

Definitely sounds like a Triumph,
I picked a faulty Triumph 120 ultra gain up a few years ago for free that was on its way to our local dump and with Enzo's help I was able to repair it myself..(turned out to be burnt ribbon cable to the tube heaters) and it's still going strong, folks up to a mile away still quake in their boots every time I turn it on in anger... got be one of the loudest amps I've ever used but also seriously heavy. These days I only take it out with me when I know there is no stairs to carry it up.