Information about Peavy 6505+ Mini

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
zeussrapidfire

Information about Peavy 6505+ Mini

Post by zeussrapidfire » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:31 pm

Hi Members,

I am interested in the Peavy 6505 + mini and have been for a while.
Due to my favourite metal guitarist Rob Arnold from Chimaira.
I like to play along to Chimaira in my room and sound near to the set up obvious he uses different pedals.

With regards to the Mini, can I use it without a cabinet and if so how does it sound?
I own a Marshall CFX 30 watt amp atm a beginners guitar amp can I connect it into that or not possible.

Also if the Valves end up not working are they easy to fix or pay someone to do it for me. I live not far from Heathrow Airport so any places near me that could repair the valves that would be fantastic.

Thanks so much for your help and assistance.

Regards,
zeussrapidfire

KTB

Re: Information about Peavy 6505+ Mini

Post by KTB » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:28 am

Welcome aboard Zeus,

You can use the 6505 for tone with Marshall however you have to do it correctly so you don't damage the amps. All you have to remember is that preamps (preamp outs,sends,headphones) go to power amps and power amp outs or speaker outs never go to preamps. If you use the Preamp Out of the Peavey to either the input or return it will work. Much better using the return as it will bypass the Marshall preamp and give you the tone of the Peavey.

Nothing can replace the tone of a large 4x12 or even 2x12 cab as far as overall warmth and great dynamical punch. Lots of these Artist are using power-tube distortion with multiple stacks of 4x4 cabs to get that tone or possibly iso-cabs and wet/dry setups. Very difficult to achieve that tone if not impossible with a single speaker amp especially at low volume.