Peavey 6505+ 112 combo vs peavey vypyr pro

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
MarlonvZ

Peavey 6505+ 112 combo vs peavey vypyr pro

Post by MarlonvZ » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:06 am

So i wanted a new amplifier that gives some nice heavy tones and a very good smooth lead tone. After searching and reading i decided to go for the peavey 6505+ combo. But recently i found the peavey vypyr pro. I will use the amp only for home practise (maybe 2 times a year fora gig). The vypyr pro will give me a much wider variety of tones + effects so i dont have to buy pedals worth like €50-€100 each. I am going to try both out if u can in a guitar store. But i'd love to hear some advice from you guys. Which one should i choose or maybe a recommendation for a different amp (budget is around €700)

jimPV

Re: Peavey 6505+ 112 combo vs peavey vypyr pro

Post by jimPV » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:15 pm

Welcome MarlonvZ!
I think I would go for the Vypyr Pro in this instance..
Great distortion sounds that are built off of the Transtube technology, I believe. Time based and modulation effects are good as well..
The downside IMHO is you must have the Sanpera pedal to realize the full functionality of the amplifier,, I felt they were a bit expensive..and that is for both the Sanpera version 1 and 2....it is very possible you may find a good deal on one....
If you find one to demo, make sure you take your time to get familiar with the amp, it took me a bit longer to dial in the sounds I was searching for, but they are in there!
I preferred the sound of the Pro through a separate speaker cabinet, I've never been a fan of combos...
Hope this helps!!
Be well!!!

Landshark

Re: Peavey 6505+ 112 combo vs peavey vypyr pro

Post by Landshark » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:39 pm

had a 6505+ halfstack ... i like the 6505 on the Vypyr Pro more! (at home volume, anyway - i do not play gigs)

plus you get a bunch of other sounds to play with. one of my favorite patches i made is a blend of the 6505 and 6534 called "The 65's".

if you want modulation effects, don't count on the built-in ones - they are too over-the-top and they don't do subtle on the chorus/flanger/phaser. i got a used Digitech unit to stick in the effects loop for mod effects.