Peavey Valveking II 20 combo usb record?

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
[email protected]

Peavey Valveking II 20 combo usb record?

Post by [email protected] » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:22 pm

Ok so here is whats going on. I just got me a used peavey valveking II 20 combo. It sounds nice looks like.

My problem is recording with usb.... Is there some drivers I should use instead of the generic usb driver that windows 10 installs?

Reason is I want to activate the "listen to this device" from the windows sound settings.

My sound drivers are realtek oem drivers that go to my motherboard. I run windows 10 on a Dell Optiplex 790 with a 250 gig hard drive and 16 gigs of ram running 64 bit.

What I am trying to do is play through the amp, and be able to hear the output from the amps usb through my computer speakers.

I know its a low fi sound but I want to record along with the output of my PC, I know a mic would sound better but I don't want to have to do that just to record some jam noodles...

What its doing is when I try to record the output of my PC sound card, windows picks up the sound of whats coming out of my sound card from the stereo mix option of output in my sound settings, like music jam track playing in the background, but I can't get it to also output my amp.

Is there hope, does anyone understand what I am trying to do?