Effects Loop Issue

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
goonstwone

Effects Loop Issue

Post by goonstwone » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:50 pm

Hey all. I have an older Peavey Bandit 112 Teal Stripe. Believe it or not, I tried to use the effects loop for the first time today. It worked fine. Problem is that I went to plug everything back into the normal amp input and I'm getting no sound at all. When I plug back into the effect loop, it's fine. It's almost like the effects loop is stuck on. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Pappy B

Re: Effects Loop Issue

Post by Pappy B » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:14 am

You probably need to remove the chassis and look at the jacks. One of the contacts may not be working right. You should also use a contact cleaner and give all the jacks and pots a good cleaning. There are a lot of youtube videos on cleaning/servicing guitar amps.

In the meanwhile you should be able to run a patch cord across those jacks to keep it working.
The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know.

Enzo

Re: Effects Loop Issue

Post by Enzo » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:53 pm

Spray some cleaner into the return jack, and poke a plug in and out a few times to clean it. There is a cutout contact on that jack that carries the signal when the jack is not in use. It gets dirty and what you describe happens.

Take a spare cord and plug it from send to return, does that make the sound return?