Peavey Invective 120 known issues.

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey guitar amplifiers.
Tuckfard2020

Peavey Invective 120 known issues.

Post by Tuckfard2020 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:29 am

Hello, a little background first. I was raised on Peavey from as early as I can remember. My father was a guitarist and his music room was littered with Peavey amps in the 1980's. As I grew and became a professional musician they are all I have used. I've Owned the Original 5150, the 5150II, The JSX, The Stereo Chorus 212, The Bandit, and currently I own two 6505+ heads. Peavey is literally all I've known. I recently got a good deal on an Invective that seemed too good to be true and I found out why. When I received it, the Clean channel worked great but as soon as I switched to the gain channel... Woof, Burp, Fart! No volume and all the sounds that we all fear. So I pulled the tubes from one of my 6505 heads and started with the Power tubes, no changes. I swapped the pre amp tubes and BINGO!

My question is, as I dig through forums and reviews (the few I could find) it appears there are some with the same issue. Now receiving a head cheap only to find the tubes are blown is not unheard of and if that's all it is I can deal with replacing tubes. However, my fear is that this is going to be a recurring problem. I've seen a few others saying the same thing and I also see where it looks like reviews have been removed. Amazon has a listing and all reviews have been wiped. For a flagship release there are very few reviews and limited info available.

Has there been a recall on this, will I need to send it in? is it covered under any warranty? Since I bought it used is the warranty even valid?

Pappy B

Re: Peavey Invective 120 known issues.

Post by Pappy B » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:40 pm

Why not contact Peavey and discuss your concerns with them?
The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know.

Tuckfard2020

Re: Peavey Invective 120 known issues.

Post by Tuckfard2020 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:23 pm

That's too easy. :lol: