MiniMega

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey bass amplifiers.
Bossman624

MiniMega

Post by Bossman624 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:54 pm

Has anyone else had problems with power on this amp? I'm on my second one from Sweetwater and they are sending out a third. On the first one I played it for about two weeks and went to turn it back on after it being off for about 5 minutes and got nothing. Checked the power cord and strip and everything was fine but no power. Sweetwater sent out another and this time it lasted about two months but when setting up for a show when I went to power up I got the same result - nothing. Love the piece of equipment when the power is on, but am I chasing something here or what? I've browsed the web but only hear good things about it. This seems like something electrical inside but I don't know.

Bassie D

Re: MiniMega

Post by Bassie D » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:54 pm

I seem to have just experienced the same problem. After it having function fine for almost 5 months (and never left the basement) I unplugged it to move it across the room and upon plugging it back in........nothing. Although I haven't changed the fuse, it appears to be fine. It does seem to draw power as it is switched on because there is a flicker of the lights as happens when I turn on my other amplifiers but the unit does not power up. It remains cold and dark. I guess I'll be sending it back for a warranty check up! I was wanting to look into what I think is a compressor problem anyway. I don't believe that the built in compressor EVER worked.......from day one! I am new to compression as I have always had a very controlled attack and never really felt I needed one but I have never been able to detect an audible change in sound...activated or not.....in any rotary position....so.......I guess I do have some problems with my mini MEGA. :(

GRANTUS1010

Post by GRANTUS1010 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:52 pm

I have had both issues mentioned below with the MiniMEGA
First one - sometimes did not power up when turned on - all the lights - no sound - turned it off - reset - worked (sometimes) but the compressor never worked. I returned this to the dealer and was supplied a replacement amp.
Second one - no turn on problems, however the compressor does not work at all - no matter what the gain setting the compressor does nothing.
I am currently perservering with the amp as it sound great otherwise and I am not a heavy player, but this is somewhat disappointing.

GRANTUS1010

Post by GRANTUS1010 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:57 pm

In my earlier post I reported the non function of the Compressor in the MiniMEGA. After much experimenting with the settings it came to life if I set the GAIN control to max and used the full output of my bass. It appears that you need a deal of drive from the GAIN section to actually enable the COMPRESSOR to kick in. Bottom line - happy customer and I feel safer that I now have a little insurance for my Epifani cabinet.

69bear666

Post by 69bear666 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:49 pm

Hello everyone I have a problem with the minimega I would like to help me fix, it worked very well and turned it off later I started rehearsing again and when I turned it on I realized that the lights did not turn on and the footswitch did not control it anymore control buttons of the crunch etc stopped working and it is as if the sound had been already uncovered but I do not find any apparent problem alive in Bogota Colombia if you can help me with some repair scheme or advice I thank you