Splitting/converting/seperating/whatever my TNT 115 200w. Advice for an amp novice?

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey bass amplifiers.
bellenduos

Splitting/converting/seperating/whatever my TNT 115 200w. Advice for an amp novice?

Post by bellenduos » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:37 pm

Hey, I'm looking to split my TNT115 combo into a head and cab.

I've had this amp since I was 17 (now 33) and its been hidden away in storage for around 10 years and is in great condition. It's the one amp I never struggle with and I always know how to get what I want out of it. But it weighs a ton. Yes I have casters on it, and still its a pain. Also I play a lot of gigs where I'm expected to just bring a head and it would make it easier to have the the thing I know makes my sound without pissing off promoters or soundguys. And lastly, I like doing this sort of thing. But I've never touched amp technology.

My question is does anybody have any experience of doing this with this particular amp? And if so, could I get any pointers? Also,there are two speaker outputs on the back of the amp but would I have to hook up the original speaker cable to some new jack sockets or could I use the pre-existing ones? Like I said, I've never done this sorta of thing with amps before so explain it in the most basic terms.

Thanks

Andi