Headliner 210 vs 410 questions & opinions

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey bass amplifiers.
Mannishboy1960

Headliner 210 vs 410 questions & opinions

Post by Mannishboy1960 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:48 am

Hello! I'm looking for some knowledgeable opinions here.

I play through 2 Headliner 210 cabs, stacked vertically. I figure the closer to my ears, the better to hear myself! Since they're a tweeter-less, sealed-box design, I look at this like 1/2 of an SVT (I hope "thems not fightin' words 'round here..." :roll:)

I've never played through the Headliner 410 cab. I'd be interested in your impressions in regards to sound. Double points for forum goers that have used both the 210 and 410 and will give me a side by side review.

Question #1 --- Can anyone tell me why the 210 is selling for $229, while the 410 sells for $299? I'm not complaining mind you, but it seems like for just a small amount more you get twice the speakers! Other than the size/weight factor, I don't see a downside to buying two 410 cabs.

Question #2 --- How is the 410 baffled internally? Is it no baffle (four speakers in a box), a single baffle (like two 210 cabs), or a double baffle (like four 110 cabs)? I had a GK cab (once again, "fightin' words!" :? ) that was a double baffle, four 110 enclosure. Very punchy!

Question#3 --- This is more of a wish than a question. I'd love to have a Headliner 210 cab with the 410 speakers. I'm guessing the 410 cab has 8 ohm speakers wired in series/parallel​? I could get four 210 cabs wired switchable between 16 ohms and 4 ohms. That way I can choose to use 1 cab switched to 4 ohms for smaller gigs, 2 cabs at 16 ohms for medium gigs, and 3 or 4 cabs set on 16 ohms for larger gigs. Would Peavey be willing to sell the 8 ohm speakers separately? Hello? Forum moderator?

Thanks for putting up with my long, rambling post. I have to add one thing... I LOVE THE SOUND OF MY HEADLINER 210 CABS!!!