MiniMEGA Bass Amp

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey bass amplifiers.
GRANTUS1010

MiniMEGA Bass Amp

Post by GRANTUS1010 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:26 pm

Just purchased my miniMEGA amp - awesome bit of gear, however sometimes when I turn it on I get no output at all. This does not instill a great deal of confidence on gigs and if i turn it off - wait - then try again it will work on the second or third attempt.
Is Peavey aware of a "bootup" problem with this new model?? I dread the day when it doesnt respond to repowering. Otherwise when it is running its a great Amp.

Enzo

Re: MiniMEGA Bass Amp

Post by Enzo » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:33 am

You are assuming all of them do this for Peavey to be aware of anything. But this is what warranties are for. Take the amp to the nearest authorized Peavey repair shop and have it checked out. Make sure to take your speaker and cords with you in case they are at fault.

GRANTUS1010

Post by GRANTUS1010 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:36 pm

I am under no "assumption" that they all do this, I was simply attempting to make the situation aware to Peavey. I have returned the Amp to the dealer who is in the process of supplying a replacement unit. I am a qualified electrical engineer and can assure that the "check your leads" advice is wasted.
I did investigate this fault on the web and there are at least another two bassists who have experienced this identical situation. Just trying to offer assistance to the manufacturer not trying to crucify Peavey. Cheers.

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:26 pm

Sir, with all due respect, your first post was your only post at the time, and we don't know you from Adam. You did not include your resume, so I cannot assume you did or did not make assumptions that MANY people make, not knowing your experience. So check the cables is perfectly good advice. If your particular situation means you already did this, fine, but we cannot assume you did.

Warranty stations have to file reports on problems they face with units. This information is used by Peavey as part of quality control. By exercising the warranty, owners of defective units are reporting to the company. And in fact, the repair to the unit is part of the report, so they will find out that indeed some particular problem recurs, or that several different problems caused similar symptoms.

GRANTUS1010

Post by GRANTUS1010 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:27 am

Sorry did not mean to tread on any toes. Was not aware that a resume could be added. I will investigate tthe forum and get this included. By the way the dealer has supplied a replacement amp today - yet to power it up still at work but don't expect any probs. Cheers.

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:43 am

And I don't mean to sound hostile. I am not aware of a resume attachment per se, but when addressing a new group it might help to provide a brief introduction to get us on the same page. That is all I meant by "resume".

GRANTUS1010

Post by GRANTUS1010 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:57 am

OK no offence taken. My name is Grant Waring I live in Branxton in the Hunter Valley of NSW near Newcastle.
I have been playin bass for the past 40 odd years and am currently playing in a trio with guitar and three vocals.
I have been using a Little Mark amp for the past 8 years and it finally gave up with shorted output devices and shot S/Mode power supply.
I have had it repaired and it is now on standby should I ever be left using the "PA" as a bass amp in future.
I decided to purchase the Peavey Mini MEGA as it looked impressive and the price was unbelievable given what I have paid previously.
Now that I have recieved a replacement amp it is great and opertaes without any issues. I dont push the amp as it is operating into a Epifani 2 X 10
4 ohm enclosure and we dont play at huge volumes anyway.
I have a ZON Sonus V bass and love the rig. Its amazing with digital amps that they do actually have a "colour" as the Peavey is much warmer than the Mark Bass amp - probably all within the pre-amp configuration.
I am not a full time player earning a living from music - we would starve! - so I have a day job as an electrical design engineer for a Mining manufacturing company. I gues music is my therapy - so to speak. Anyway hope this throws some light on me as a new member to the Forum.
All the Best.

LasseOnBass

Post by LasseOnBass » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:16 am

Hello, I have been playing bass for 35+ years. Started out with a used Mark III then. I have been playing and owning amps from all major brands. Even the legendary SVT. Know what? The thing went to repair three times during warranty period before I sold it. In 2018 i stumled upon the MiniMEGA. It is a reliable workhorse and never let me down during rehearsals, in the studio, bars, clubs, open airs. Punch all the way since I mainly play cover rock. These days I bought a second one for my other band, so i dont need to remove the first one from its rack. You can tweak sound to detail if needed, but also use it simply as a plug n play amp without its bells and whistles. Bang for the buck. Convinced user. Finally returned back to where I started. Peavey.
Lars, Berlin