Mini Mega/ Headliner 4x10

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey bass amplifiers.
Chris1160

Mini Mega/ Headliner 4x10

Post by Chris1160 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:43 pm

Just bought the mini mega head and the headliner 4x10 cabinet and every time I hit one of the lower strings It sounds like the speakers are going to blow. They rattle like flapping paper. I have tried with active and passive pick- ups and a signal pad Which helps a little bit but I still have to turn everything down so the tone sucks. I have to crank the gain and volume almost all the up at practice, so it seems the output is not up to par. Running into 8 ohm cab.

Dano0369

Re: Mini Mega/ Headliner 4x10

Post by Dano0369 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:49 am

Hello; how is the amp set? are you using the kosmos? there are many variables to the set up many of which could cause an overdrive of the cabinet. more info needed. :arrow:
Dano0369

LasseOnBass

Re: Mini Mega/ Headliner 4x10

Post by LasseOnBass » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:39 am

Dano0369 is absolutely right. Remember this amp ia a powerhorse. So it could be the kosmos is turned up, so turn all levels of the kosmos down to check if this solves your problem. Next thing is check your bass contril knob. Whats its setting. Do you have the punch button below activated as well! Extreme settings could cause the same issue. These knobs on the amp work very well unlike other amps. A little turn can make a huge difference. I play through an Hartke ATK 4x10 and the Peaveys power rating is higher than the cabinet could take. So dont be too shy experimenting with gain and tine controls. Just dont overdo it. My main volume is never higher than 12 o clock. And even with one 4x10 it is a full loud round aound.
LasseOnBass, Berlin