KB300

This forum is for talking about Peavey keyboard amplifiers.
Farnell

KB300

Post by Farnell » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:45 pm

Would anyone know if it is possible to buy new or used dual concentric controls for this model as they are now obsolete and no longer available from Peavey.The later model has had the top wasted away which leaves the knobs vulnerable.Iv'e seen plenty of the later model with the knobs broken off.

Enzo

Re: KB300

Post by Enzo » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:56 am

Wait, are your current controls OK and working? And you just want more IN CASE these break? I must not be reading right.

Not sure what you mean by the top is wasted away? If your cab is damaged, why not install a protective strip above the controls? A sort of overhang on the top of the cab.

Farnell

Post by Farnell » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:13 am

If you look down at the top of the later KB300 amp you will see that it has been chopped back at the front leaving the controls vulnerable.I have the original KB300 which did not have this feature and all the controls are intact.However I have the later KB300 with the XLR Input at the left but one of the Low/Mid control has been necked off so there is no mid knob or shaft.I have drilled int the end and screwed a self tapper in to adjust the control.These are unobtainable from Peavey so would like to know if anyone knows of a new or used source so I can replace the complete contol,
Regards.

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:40 pm

They are totally a custom part for Peavey. You will have to find them in someone's parts stash, there are no new ones.

71190556 appears to be the part number for the KB300 with XLR.

If it were mine, I would take one of the dual controls that did the reverb, and mount that in place of your LOW/MID, then you could mount a plain 50kB in the empty spot, and mount a new reverb control for that channel on the rear or some place.

I understand the blue sky over the controls, instead of the Neaderthal brow ridge. My thought was to mount a wooden slat, a slat of thick plexiglass, or even a metal slat across that opening to take the place of the missing wood part.

Farnell

Post by Farnell » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:49 am

Yes I think look for a wrecked cheap amp and cannibalise it etc.If Peavey had left well enough alone then the knobs wouldn't have been susceptible in the first place.I thought somewhere in the States there may be someone who dealt in used bits and pieces.This is a pefectly useable workhorse and it has reverb unlike the modern offerings,Iv'e had my original since 1982 and although tatty has only had a horn unit replaced and it has been well gigged.I fitted a sack barrow arrangement to wheel it about, the newer one was for a backup only,
Regards,
Paul F [GB].[Free at last] :D