KB 300 Grill Removal

This forum is for talking about Peavey keyboard amplifiers.
bcarwell

KB 300 Grill Removal

Post by bcarwell » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:18 am

I have a KB 300 with Black Widow speaker and need to get the grill off.

I've read that it is held on by Velcro in the corners and you just pry it out with a flat blade screw driver, or L shaped hex wrench.

BUT: there are two vertical aluminum strips on each side of the grill. I don't understand how you can pull the grill forward and
off with these two strips in the way. I can pull/rotate them slightly away from the grill but not much.

Also what is the correct speaker replacement and best place to get one ?

Thanks for any help.

Bob

Enzo

Re: KB 300 Grill Removal

Post by Enzo » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:57 am

They are part of the grille. They are stapled to the grille, not the body cabinet. I use the upper corners of the aluminum strip as a place to get a screwdriver behind to pop it free.

If you have a Black Widow in it, you remove the speaker and look for a label on it. Probably says 1505-4 on it. You would then call Peavey parts and order a new basket for your old speaker. Unless your magnet is damaged. Peavey may have superceded that number with another, they can tell you.

If your speaker is missing or bent up, then any 15 with enough power rating will work. A keyboard amp is really a self contained PA system. So a full range speaker is best. If you use it for bass, consider a bass speaker.

bcarwell

Re: KB 300 Grill Removal

Post by bcarwell » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:27 am

Wow ! Now that's service.

Many thanks Enzo for a quick, clear and informed response that has saved me hours of aggravation ! Really, really appreciate your taking the time.

All the best,

Bob