Peavey KB2 - no sound

This forum is for talking about Peavey keyboard amplifiers.
jeremyjohnolson

Peavey KB2 - no sound

Post by jeremyjohnolson » Mon May 01, 2017 2:32 pm

I have been using my Peavey KB2 very lightly for the past few years and it has never given me any trouble until last Friday when I plugged in my acoustic guitar no sound came out. I tried a microphone and same thing, no sound. I tried all the input channels and no sound. The speaker works because I hear a pop when it is shutting down and I can still hear the faint buzz coming out of the speaker when it's turned on. Is there anything that can be done to trouble shoot this or is the amp toast?

Enzo

Re: Peavey KB2 - no sound

Post by Enzo » Mon May 01, 2017 8:30 pm

I am sure it is fixable, if it hums out the speaker, then the expensive parts - transformer and speaker - are working.

Plug a spare cord from FX send to FX return, any help? Plug your guitar into the FX return jack, get sound now?

jeremyjohnolson

Post by jeremyjohnolson » Tue May 02, 2017 12:11 pm

I plugged a cord from FX send to FX return and still no sound. I have not tried plugging my guitar into FX return - I will try that tonight.

jeremyjohnolson

Post by jeremyjohnolson » Fri May 05, 2017 9:13 am

Enzo wrote:I am sure it is fixable, if it hums out the speaker, then the expensive parts - transformer and speaker - are working.

Plug a spare cord from FX send to FX return, any help? Plug your guitar into the FX return jack, get sound now?
I tried both and neither helped, it still doesn't work.

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Fri May 05, 2017 1:15 pm

OK, that means the power amp section has the fault.

Next we explore the power supplies to the power amp section, as well as the low voltage supplies to the ICs.