Please recommend a keyboard amplifier to fit needs:

This forum is for talking about Peavey keyboard amplifiers.
RichardWFaith

Please recommend a keyboard amplifier to fit needs:

Post by RichardWFaith » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:53 pm

A fellow keyboardist in our 8-piece band has asked me for a recommendation regarding a keyboard amplifier. I believe that my friend does not need more than 25 watts of amplifier power, but just to be completely covered, I should say we are interested in the entire range from 25 through 60 watts. The smaller amps may be lighter and easier to carry to gigs (?). (Note, I already have a Peavey amplifier: it's a KB/A60, and I'm very happy with it; BUT, I think it's a little to heavy for my friend; also, it has only two input channels). Both of us play keyboards, and we perform in moderate to large venues, using either our own PA (Bose) or house PA systems; often, the venues we play at have their own sound staff, so they use "DI" boxes from our line-level outputs; accordingly, the sound from our loudspeakers needs only to serve for on-stage monitor purposes. According to all of the foregoing, we are interested in a suggested amplifier according to the following criteria:
1) At least three input channels (if this is a sticking point, then let's see what you have in 2-channel)
2) Line-level output for combined channels (i.e., 3 input channels; one line-level output)
3) Amplifier power in the range of 25 ~ 60 watts
4) Closed-back loudspeaker (I believe that's standard for keyboard amps anyway)
5) EQ optional on any one, two or three channels or even on total mix
6) Reverb and/or vibrato/tremolo not required
Please detail what you can supply, along with single-piece pricing. Thank you, Richard

netrecce

Re: Please recommend a keyboard amplifier to fit needs:

Post by netrecce » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:42 am

Richard:
I suggest you lend your other Keyboard player a little muscle and pick up a Peavey KB/A100 for her. It has the 3-channels and other features you require plus a proper 15" that keyboards need. Great Amp as a stage monitor and usually inexpensive now due to the Millenial's lightweight gearfad.

Good luck.