Peavey Predator DX

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
mcm1910

Peavey Predator DX

Post by mcm1910 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:05 am

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I've recently dove headfirst into the Peavey pool. I recently came across a good deal on what seemed like a really unique guitar a Peavey Predator DX. I have to tell anyone who will listen, this thing is a monster! I had to spend some time setting it up but I truly love this thing (How are these not more popular?!?). The pickup options are really interesting, and it plays really well. Lots of options that seemed kind of ahead of their time like a satin maple neck with gloss fingerboard! I've read that they came stock with EMG/LACE style pickups with no pole pieces showing. Mine definitely has pole pieces. I opened it up and I am nearly certain these are the originals.

I was so excited about my new guitar and the great deal I got on it, I bought a Sheffield bandit that needs repairs for a great price. I'm very excited to get it up and running and enjoy my new setup!

Lee60

Re: Peavey Predator DX

Post by Lee60 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:28 am

Great score! Those are kinda rare.

I think your pole-piece pickups are stock. None of the USA Predators came with EMG/Lace/etc, but, the Predator AX's pickups had solid plastic covers, which look similar to Lace. Not many photos of the DX online, but found these in an old Reverb listing:

https://reverb.com/item/2310086-peavey- ... lack-white
Current Peavey roster:
Composer acoustic, Fury bass, Falcon Standard, Patriot (hardtail), Patriot (tremolo), Predator, Reactor, T-15

Non-Peavey
Squier Affinity Starcaster, Taylor 314ce acoustic

mcm1910

Post by mcm1910 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:09 pm

Man this thing is great! Looks like they were only made a couple of years

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3XVo6 ... sp=sharing

Nicksummers1

Post by Nicksummers1 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:53 pm

I have the DX and 2 AX models. They are really awesome guitars. Play great and I like the turbo switch btw. Very unique and cool feature.
invective 120 & cabs, 2 VTM 120s, Tubefex, TG Raxx, Rockmaster preamp, 2 VYPYR 30H, VIP 2, Nano Vypyr, Vypyr 120H, VSS, 6505 Piranha & cab, TMP Tube pre, 45+ Peavey guitars (most USA), tons of Peavey PA gear. 3 HP2s